12 | humor

XII/twelve

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

"...done!" Hunter proudly says when we finish writing the first parts of our school project.

He smiles and my heart melts, for some unknown reason.

"What do you think?" He quizzes turning to face back to mine.

"I mean, you're the expert here so..." I mumble, "It's great!"

I'm uncomfortably sitting on his bed with my legs crossed and elbows that are resting on my knees, supporting my head from falling. And a pillow softening the feeling of my bones against each other.

"So, what now?" He asks me jumping off the wooden chair, then sitting next to me on the edge of the mattress.

"What do you mean?" I counter back, with my voice reflecting my confused expression.

What else can we do? Drive me home?

"You plan on being this quiet until I drop you off?" He looks down at me.

Well, I do have somethings I'd like to ask him about, but it probably would be intrusive.

Why is there a hole in the wall? I ask myself subconsciously.

The one thing about him that does not sit right with me is that he's such an easy-to-talk-to person, but he has all this crap around him.

"Why did you transfer?" The words blurred out of my mouth without my consent. Shit.

For a while, he stays thinking, looking up at the ceiling and pressing his lips together, "I had to" he plainly says.

That is not the answer I was seeking out for, but now I know that it might be a touchy subject. Such as the wall, the mirror, his fists, and the picture upon his dresser.

"Oh," I say as memories of a few days ago start to fill my mind, he eyes me, confused. "And...thank you for the sandwich!"

He smiles. Then a massive grin appears on his face, "I knew you'd like that shit"

I nod at him not knowing how to keep the conversation flowing. To my greatest luck, a buzzing sound begins to be heard in the room.

With one finger up, he makes it understandable that he wants me to hold on before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"What do you fucking want, you dickhead?" He proceeds to ask after taking a quick look at the caller ID.

He now looks irritated. This guy is a different breed.

One moment he's nice, the other, he acts blankly.

As he continues to roll back his eyes, I let my gaze travel to that one picture frame that had captivated my attention a few days ago. My brain couldn't wrap my head around the thought of him looking so damn alive. It's like they are utterly different people.

"Just shut your damn mouth..." he scoffs, but waits to speak again, "Alright, I'll go"

Right away, he hangs up the call and looks at me. "I have to do something before I get you home, would you mind going with me?" He questions.

"Sure, I don't have anything else to do really" the words leave my mouth as I stare at his juicy lips.

Lately, I've been having these kinds of thoughts. Feels like being around him is awakening a part of me that's been unconscious since I broke things off with Kade. I can't really explain why or how, but he's been doing something to me.