22 | prom night

XXII / twenty-two

✧𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐀✧

"Rebecca what the fuck?" Kendra protests as I try to zip up her long beige dress.

Unfortunately, tonight is Prom and I am stuck in Kendra's room to get all dresses up for the big event. Yay, I could be more thrilled.

"Bro, can you even breathe in this?" I ask her struggling to push the zipper further up. It just won't move.

"Stop calling me fat and zip it, Rebecca!" she points, impatiently while looking at herself in the large mirror of her walking-closet.

One hour later...

There are so many things to glance at. The colorful lights flash all over the gloomy place, so many people on the dance floor making all sorts of dance moves and grinning and laughing, the fucking pounding music coming from the ginormous speakers.

Call me boring, I don't care, but I kind of don't like parties.

In my sight is also Kade and Indiana holding each other while show dancing to the extremely funky.

I scoff, at the image of them. Oh please! That bitch is doing that to get to me.

But I don't feel bothered.

Squinting my eyes as sit down at the nearest chair, I attempt to spot Hunter, even though I have a feeling in me that he still isn't here.

He would call me, right?

I deeply breathe out as my hands travel up to rub my hot forehead. My fucking gaze can't leave Kade's dancing body.

I am so damn preoccupied with him, and I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact that he was high! Fucking high.

I may not love him the way he expects me to, but damn right I care about him. I have figured out my feeling toward him, and I concluded that that boy still means a lot to me.

The fact that he loves me is keeping me afar.

My head drops, resting on the table when I eye Kenny getting nearer. I sigh.

My minutes of torturing peace have officially come to an end.

"Reb, you can't be that boring!" she whines, sticking her hands out to offer it to me. "Come dance with me!"

Her glamorous beige off-shoulders lacy mermaid dress catches my attention. She looks incredibly hot. And like a freaking bride. She can't help but always show off how stylish she is.

My friend doesn't like to go unnoticed. How are we even friends? We're extremely different.

I look up at her hands hesitantly, "I'm waiting for Hunter." I answer while lifting my head again.

"Baby, you look so beautiful right now, people need to see you in that dress and wish they were you!" she states while grinning. "And stop worrying about Skater-boy, if he wants to miss the opportunity to see you in that gorgeous dress and with that lovely makeup, it's his loss!" she smiles.