Chapter 1: How it happened (1)

My name is Akari, 14 years old. I like drawing, singing, eating and sleeping. But more than anything, I love hanging out with my friends and my family. For me, the most important things in any kind of relationship is trust and honesty. They say I'm a normal middle school girl, with no talent nor anything out of the ordinary. Well, that's what they say. I, myself, am quite far from any other ordinary person...

"Akari"
"Mmm"
"Akari, it's time to go to school"
"Mmmmm"
"AKARI!"
"What!"
"You should wake up if you don't wanna be late to school like yesterday"
"Eughhh... what time is it?"
"7 a.m."
"7 a.m... wait WHATT???? 7 A.M? WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER???? I'M GONNA BE LATE!!!!"
"What??? I've been calling you for 5 minutes, but you didn't wake up!!"
"Ahhh whatever!"
"Don't forget that today is your magical exam day, you memorized all the spells and how to cast them right?"
"Yes of course! How can I not be prepared?"
"Good"

This is my little cat, Lila. I adopted her one year ago, but little did I know that she would lead me into a totally different world. Beyond being just a middle school girl, I'm also a student enrolled in a magical academy. This enchanting institution exists within a realm called CelestiaLand – a beautiful land in another dimension.
CelestiaLand is a place accessible only to those who share a special connection with a pet like Lila, known as a manapet. These manapets each possess unique powers, accompanied by a unique necklace. To enter into this Land, two steps are required. First, a magical spell is recited while touching the necklace. Then, a magical pink circle appears, leading me to this realm once I step in it.

...

"We've arrived"
"Thank you, mom"
"You're welcome, have a nice day"
"Thanks same to you!"

"Akari, do you see who's there?"
"What are you ta-... Ahhh, it's him"

By "him" I mean Yamel, the person I love. Well, I've been in love with him for more than 7 years, but we didn't confess to each other until yesterday, and I can't say he's my boyfriend since he didn't officially ask me.

*murmur*
"What are you doing here? Go and talk to him, I'm sure he missed you!"
"... Okay"

"Hello Ya-"

The moment I approached him, I saw my older sister, Monica, hugging him, with 5 cameras around her. When I asked a boy about what is going on, he told me that they are doing a photoshoot for an album and that Monica and Yamel are the models. Since I arrived late, the photoshoot ended shortly after I came. Once they ended it, Yamel's eyes met mine. But he didn't come to me. Suddenly I felt strange, as if my body is getting hotter. I knew that it was all an act, but why didn't he tell me? I didn't pay much attention to it, which was a big mistake.

...

"By the way, have you heard the rumors, Akari?"
"What rumor?"
"That your older sister and Yamel love each other!"
"Yeah I heard it too!"
"I was so surprised that I didn't believe it, especially with the fact that he loves Akari!"
"I know right?! I'm sure they're spreading rumors for the album and they're just frien-"
"..."
"Akari, we're really sorry!!!!"
"Yes please don't be mad at us, it's just what we heard"

Damn it! We should've been more careful with our words! Akari is very sensitive to anything related to Yamel, and we talked about them being a couple.

"It's okay, I'm not mad since I know that Yamel loves me"

I hope so at least.