Lights - 14

Today was one day before Christmas Eve. I am meeting Mai and Jungwon today. We all agreed to meet at my house since we won't be spending Christmas eve together like we always did. Mai said she is spending it with Jay and Jungwon is going with Leena to the city of lights as well. I just pray we do not run into them. We watched some Christmas movies and made hot chocolate. We also baked cookies. Jungwon thought he was being a master chef when really he wasn't. It was cookies you just put on the cooking sheet and place into the oven. After that, we gave each other presents. We opened them one by one. Jungwon got me a bag that was lowkey expensive, so I guess that makes up for his cologne. Mai got me shoes I have always wanted. I was happy that they really know me. Jungwon gave Mai a bucket hat and sunglasses that were not cheap. She loved it. She also loved the gift I gave her. She was really happy and satisfied. Jungwon got sweat pants from Mai. He liked it since he always wanted them. He really liked the cologne and said he would start using it. We were all thankful for our gifts. By now it was night time and they had to head home. We then bid our goodbyes.

The next day I did nothing all morning. I just lied in bed on my phone. I got another message from ajj.klm telling me if I hang with Sunghoon today she will do something, but this person never does. I really don't care at this point. Anyways at 4, I was supposed to meet Sunghoon at his house. I told my family I would be with Mai and Jungwon. They believed it and let me go. I had a black turtle neck shirt and a dark blue puffy jacket. I wore white skinny jeans and took the bag Jungwon gave me. I also have Sunghoons gift. I took the bus and was finally at his house. I was nervous. I am meeting his whole family and we still aren't dating. What the actual heck am I doing here? Christmas is about spending time with family, not meeting others, and intruding. Then again I told Sunghoon I would go. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. His mother opened it

"Oh hello," I said nervously.

"Oh hey! Come in Sunghoon told us you were coming!" she said with a bright smile.

I smiled back and entered the house. 

"Sunghoon is still getting ready I will let him know you are here. You can wait on the couch," she said. 

"Oh okay thank you," I said heading towards the bed. 

I sat down while she went upstairs. I was sitting there minding my own business until I heard a male voice. It wasn't a familiar voice. I turned around to see his father.

"Oh you must be Kemi," His father said.

I nodded. 

"Nice to meet you I am Sunghoons father," He said stick out his hand.

I stood up to shake it. "Nice to meet you too," I then said. 

His father actually came to sit on the couch next to me. We just talked about me and what I do. He then told me what he does for a living and how much he loves his family. Sunghoon eventually came downstairs.

"Kemi!" Sunghoon said.

I turned around to see him smiling. He was wearing a black hoodie with a white shirt underneath. He had grey sweats on as well. He then came over to the couch and sat right next to me. His father noticed and said he has to go to the market. Maybe for food? Sunghoon was really close to me. His leg was literally touching mines. It was making me nervous and my heart beat fast. I needed to do something before I embarrass myself. Oh the gift for him.

I looked at him and hid the gift behind my back. "I have something for you," I said with a smile. 

"What is it?" he asked tried to look.

"No peeking. Close your eyes!" I said laughing trying to block his view.

"Fine," he said and closed his eyes.