Mai Special - 01

Ever since I met Jay my life completely flipped. I was not that goodie two shoes my parents praised me for before. It all started when I started missing school. Jay asked me to come one time and I was very hesitant at first because well my parents, but mostly because of Jungwon and Kemi. They always watch out for me and it kinda does suck that I am in my class by myself and they have each other. It is like I am forced to make friends. Besides that, I went for it and just kept going with it. I just liked going with the flow and Jay helped me see that. The reason why I liked him. He opened a new light for me. Jake later on tagged along with us wherever we went after school. Jake didn't like missing classes so I used that time to get closer to Jay.

I was sure he liked me back when Christmas came around since he asked me to come with him to a festival. Turns out he liked someone else. I asked him that is why I knew. He told me he likes someone and he is in the area with her now. I clearly remember seeing his girlfriend now being over there and I know for sure he saw her too. I was hurt and confused. I was angry. Why did he lead me on? It just hurt so bad. I couldn't tell Kemi because she was doing her own thing and I couldn't exactly tell Jungwon cause he would bully the crap out of me. I was so lost after Christmas eve. 

A few days past after I found out and I clearly was still not over Jay. Jake has been texting me and coming over my house here and there since I have been rejecting Jay to hang out. He wanted to make sure I was okay. He would come over with my favorite snacks and we would binge the hell out of shows. I really did not know what to think of Jay at that point. I started thinking if I forget about him the pain would go away. After spending time with Jake a lot he confessed that he liked me. At that point I needed Kemi.

After the talk with Kemi, I came to the conclusion I should give Jake a try. He wasn't so bad at all and he was so much nicer than Jay. Jay hurt my feelings and it really has made me feel numb these past few days. So I decided to tell Jake that I would give us a try. Today is our first date. I was a bit nervous, but I have always hanged out with him. I am not sure what to wear or to look like. UGH! This should be easy! Why am I overthinking this? 

After 30 minutes of trying to pick out clothes, I finally got ready. Jake said he wanted to take me to some museum in town. I haven't been to one since I was 7 so this will be interesting. I caught the bus down and waited in front of the building as planned before. 

"Hey," said someone from behind me.

I turned around to see Jake. He had a soft smile showing and had lightly tinted pink cheeks. It was cute. "Hi," I said back with a smile.

"Should we go in?" he asked.

"Sure," I said.

It was a bit awkward at first. We weren't really talking to each other. In fact, we only shared a few words here and there going into the museum. As we got in I saw all the cute things they had in there. This kind of museum wasn't like the historical ones. It was more of a cute artsy one. Like the Ice cream museum in California, but in Korea. I haven't heard of this museum so I wasn't looking forward to much thinking that this is gonna be about history. 

We looked around and noticed this place is very cute, like really cute. There were pretty colors that filled the walls and adorable figures everywhere. I was in shock. I swear my eyes were like shining because I was so amazed. 

"Do you want to take a picture over there?" Jake asked.

"Yea!" I said with a big smile.

He smiled and grabbed my hand. I felt my heart skip a beat. He made a move that made me feel something else than being hurt in a while. I like this feeling. It did feel a bit odd, but I just ignored that part of the feeling. As we were holding hands we finally ended up in front of the sculpture.

"Sir, can you please take our photo?" I asked the guy who was near his family.

"Sure," he responded.

He grabbed Jake's phone and we stood by the statue. Jake wrapped his arm around my waist. I was shocked but remembered we were on a date. I let it go once again because I have to give this date a chance right? I have to move on and this is the best for me. I wrapped my arm around his waist and we smiled. The guy took a few photos of us and returned the phone. 

His wife came by and said "Oh honey remember being that young! They are so adorable!"

I looked at Jake and blushed a bit. We just laughed a bit and said thank you for the photos. We continued our walk around the museum. I started thinking if I were here with Jay what would happen. I started thinking about how much fun it would be and how he would bring light to me. I suddenly remembered I can't think like that. I have to forget about him. I then kept in mind I am here with Jake and only Jake. 

We took a few more photos and continued on looking around. It was coming towards the end of this visit and our date since he had to leave for work. We were outside now of the building.

"I had a lot of fun today," I said.

"Really? I wasn't sure if I should have brought you here, but I am glad I did," he said smiling.

I think I should really give this a chance. Even though I did think about Jay sometimes it was just the process of me trying to get over him. Sooner or later I will forget about him. I promise that. 

"Well I am glad you did," I said.

We stood there in silence and then Jake spoke up. "I think this is fine to do this now."

He came closer and he hugged me. I was shocked. My heart once again was beating twice as fast. I hugged him back. We then parted ways. That was the most interesting experience I have ever had. I am glad I gave this a try.

a/n: I think the specials are good so we can see everyone's point of view and it's like behind the scenes too you know? Anyways thank you for reading!!