Mai Special - 02

Jake and I have been making memories with each other lately and doing many fun things together, but when ever I see Jay I still want to be with him. I purposely ignore him when we pass each other to get the fact out of my head I can't be with him. That isn't really helping my case though...all I want to do is be with him and just him, but Jake is the one who has always been there for me and was like 100x better than Jay. I really don't know what to do at this point. The only thing that really is keeping from me thinking about Jay right now is that Jay has a girlfriend and that I can't do that to her and that I have a boyfriend who I definitely do not want to cheat on.

I am at home right now playing on my phone on this new app. It was intriguing and I was kind of addicted to it not gonna lie, then I got a text.

1 Message from asshole🤬.

I opened it hesitantly. I was wondering if I should or shouldn't. I then pressed it immediately to see if it was an emergency...instead it was a message that read: meet me at 102 Kang St. convenience store.

I was really debating if I should go. Especially because I have been so obedient to my parents and Jay is considered a person of the past, yet the thought of him waiting for me bothered me. I decided to go despite my parents wish and snuck out of the bedroom window. I then headed towards where to meet. As I got there he was sitting on one of the tables outside. I just sat across him. It was silent for a good 10 minutes until he broke it.

"We haven't hung out for awhile," 

"I know because I said I didn't want to see you," I responded.

"But you did," he said back looking at me.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Why did we stop talking?" he then asked.

"Cause," I said.

"Cause of what?" he asked.

I didn't want to answer him. Do I have to? I am not obligated to, yet I want to answer him. "If this is all you want to do, then I am going to leave," I said standing up. 

He stood up immediately. "No stop. Sit down there is a reason," Jay then said.

"What is that reason?" I asked sitting back down.

"I couldn't stop thinking about ever since you got with Jake and I don't know why and I figured it was because you stopped hanging with me. I guess I wanted to spend time with you again," Jay then continued.

My heart stopped. I felt a rush of goosebumps appear on my body as my heart started to beat faster. It was nothing I have ever felt compared to Jake. It felt...nice.

"You want to know the reason why?" I then asked looking at him.

He nodded.

I was really debating to tell him or not, but its fine if I do. It's not like I can like him anymore. "I liked you and was jealous of her," I said looking away.

He didn't respond back. Fuck did I just screw up? What should I do? Should I just leave? I think that is the best route right now. I was going to stand up but...

"You liked me?" He asked.

I looked at him and then looked down while nodding.

Silence still fell between us. Then he got a phone call. He answered it giving short answers back. I wondered who called him.

"Um...I have to go, but lets do this again like old times, okay?" He said smiling as he got up and left.

What was all that about? Geez! I got up and walked back to my house. I snuck right back in and headed straight for bed.

The next day was normal as it was. Ignore Jay. Interact with Sunghoon and Kemi. Tease Jungwon. Hang with my boyfriend. It was like that for a few days until Jay texted me again to meet him except this was during school. I was hesitant at first of course because I haven't done it in awhile. I thought it was a bad idea and that I shouldn't go, but got the idea of maybe this will be the time I could tell him to stop this non sense.

I skipped one of my non important classes and headed to our usual spot when we used to skip school. He was there already with two drinks. As I got closer he threw me one. 

"Here," he said.

I caught it. It was my favorite drink. I gave him a soft smile.

"Thanks," I said.

We both sat down on the curve of the side walk. 

"So how come you called me this time?" I asked while sipping on the drink.

"Do I need a reason?" Jay asked. "I just wanted to hang with you again."

"Jay we can't-" he cut me off.

"Let's try to be friends okay? I want to be friends with you again," 

"No," I said standing up. "You are gonna confuse me like last time and I will get mixed emotions and I already have Jake! I can't have you around," I said in a angry tone. I turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm. "That's enough-" he cut me off again.

"I think I like you Mai," 

I froze. I was shocked no paralyzed. I felt like I was going to faint. A lot of emotions over came me and now I do not know what to do. I like him too still, but we are both in fucking relationships! What am I supposed to do?! I sat back down next to him.

Silence fell between us until I spoke up. "You think or you do?" I asked. 

"I do,"

"I need to think about it. Give me space first," I said. 

I then stood up and ran back to school. Ah shit what did I get myself into.

a/n: Thank you guys for reading the character special it really helps engage the story AHAHA.