Chapter 58 - Hayden

I'm so fucking excited.

It's the day I've been waiting for, for an absurd amount of time.

But it's there, and shit, am I in a good mood.

"I don't know about this." Mila rubs her belly, which at almost six months pregnant is finally turning into a real baby bump, and I can't help but smile when I squeeze her hand, my eyes on the road.

"It'll be fine, baby."

"I don't know." She sighs. "There are so many people there..."

We stop in front of her old apartment complex, and I see the worry in her eyes when she looks at me. The worry I really did not want to see today.

"Meredith and Kim are out of the picture, love. They won't hurt us anymore."

They pleaded guilty just a couple of weeks ago, both of them hoping they'd get a better deal out of it. I can't deny I'm glad about this change of events, because it means Mila doesn't need to go to court and give her statement. She was nervous about having to go to the witness stand, and I'm fucking glad we could avoid that. The judge even issued a restraining order for when they get out of jail, which might be sooner than anticipated, considering no physical harm was done. His words, not mine.

"I know, sorry. It's just that it's been a while since I've been in a crowd this big." She musters up a smile.

"Jas and Sam will be there. It'll be fine, I promise. I asked security to give you access to the back entrance, so you won't have to enter with all the other people. Also, there won't be any press there."

"There won't?" she asks with wide eyes.

"No, I promise. It's what all of us asked for when we agreed to do the charity game. The media focuses on the charity event, so don't worry about them."

That seems to calm her, and she shoots me a bright smile this time. It seems like she's actually a bit excited. "Okay." She leans over and presses a swift kiss on my lips, but I quickly grab the back of her head, my fingers weaving into her soft hair as I pull her closer.

I can feel her smile against our kiss as I trace my tongue over her bottom lip, and soon enough she invites me in, this time she's the one pulling me toward her seat. I'm pretty sure a few months ago she would've just straddled me, but with the baby bump, our options are a bit limited.

A quiet moan escapes her lip as I gently bite down on it, bathing in the sound of her whimper as I grip her flesh. "You need to get out of this car, love." I groan, already feeling the effect of our touches. "Otherwise I can't help myself, and then I'm not in good form for the game."

"Sorry." She pulls back, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as she runs a hand through my hair.

"My vixen."

"Don't act like you don't love it." She winks at me. The movement has me grinning, because damn, her confidence is fucking sexy.

"I do, Lucky, I really fucking do."

A knock on the driver window startles both of us, but I don't even have to look to know who it is.

"I give you one minute before I open the door! You'd better be decent by then!" Jasmine calls out, and I laugh when I see the blush on Mila's face, her skin turning crimson as she hides in my chest.

"We'd better do as she says, love. I'm scared of that woman."

"Five seconds!" Jasmine yells again.

"Calm down!" Mila retorts. "Don't stress the pregnant lady!"