Epilogue

17 years later

—————H—————

"Come on!" Alastor Snape called, and Hermione crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at him, though the seventeen-year-old paid her absolutely no mind.

"Are you in a rush?" Hermione teased, repressing a smirk because she knew there was a very good reason why her son wanted to get on the train. He and Teddy Tonks-Lupin were both hoping to court the same young witch, a Hufflepuff in their year. Who, as fate would have it, just happened to be the Muggle-born daughter of Sirius' Muggle partner. Maeve was a lovely girl. It probably didn't help that they'd both noticed she was a girl around the same time, despite them having known her nearly all their lives.

Alastor straightened his tie, looking sideways at his mother as he lifted his chin. "Of course I'm not," he said, almost convincingly.

She nodded slowly, before craning her neck to look up at him. "Who were all those witches simpering after you?"

There had been a gaggle when they'd first arrived on the platform, all blushing and batting eyelashes with a "Hi Al." They'd then proceeded to squeal and go into a minor fit when he gave them a wave.

He sneered. "Dunderheads, the lot of them. Not a full brain among them."

Hermione had to admit that, while baring the same demeanor as his father, Alastor could get away with it simply because of his looks. He was, like his elder sister, the best parts of her and Severus. His hair was black, kept short, and slicked in such a way that made the greasy sheen to look like part of the style. He had his father's nose, but it wasn't as dominant as it was on Severus, balancing out his strong lean face. His eyes were amber and honey. And he was tall, so much taller than even Leo had been at seventeen and built just slightly wider. That, she figured, was due to being a Beater on the Slytherin Quidditch team, like his sister and brother-in-law.

"So, not in your N.E.W.T. class, then?" she mused.

He snorted. "Like Professor Snape would ever let those idiots near a cauldron."

"Yes, well, your brother has a reputation to uphold."

"One he stole from father."

"No, but no one needs to know that. Just plays into the vampire myth."

Alastor snorted, and a smile nearly broke out just then.

It was at that moment that a large crowd came through the barrier, and the reason for his smile was clear.

Lilia Snape was holding on to her big sister's hand, yammering excitedly, pointedly ignoring her nephew as he tried to get her attention. Despite being weeks apart, Lilia acted as though she were years older than William and had from the very moment it was understood that she was his aunt.

Will, on the other hand, was quite adamant that she was no better than he and deserved none of the respect he afforded all of his many uncles and aunts.

"Sorry," Severus said as they all met up. "Lil was adamant."

"I do hope you aren't going to do that at school," Alastor said to his little sister. "If you hold Leo's hand like that, you're bound to get detention."

"Leo wouldn't let me to start with," Lilia countered, little chin pointed high.

She was Hermione in miniature, except for her pin-straight hair. She wasn't quite as much of a know-it-all set to prove she fit in, but she sometimes acted as pretentious as Draco had when he was a child, believing that her family status meant something. It was something that Hermione and Severus had tried to deter, but they hadn't had much luck. They each blamed each other for it.