The Inevitable

You were exhausted after your hunt. Walking out of the abandoned building, you decided to leave the the bodies as they were, too tired to properly dispose of all the decapitations you had preformed only 10 minutes ago.

You walked out towards your crappy pickup you had conveniently found unlocked a few states back. Stretching, your muscles made their complaint against the lifestyle you had been dragged into.

Once inside the car you took a deep breath, deciding you were a little too tired to go to a bar and too much of a mess between the blood on your jeans and grime in your hair to stop at a diner for a late night snack. It always amazes you how dirty you could get working such simple jobs.

Deciding that the best option would be to pack up your stuff and get out of town before anyone got suspicious, you drove back to your motel. You took a minute to wash off your face, and get changed before grabbing your pre-packed bag. Before walking out the door you grabbed the last beer that was sitting in the mini fridge and took a glance in the mirror that was hanging by the door. Seeing your h/l h/c hair in knots and bruises developing on your neck from where the vamp grabbed you, you decided it would definitely be best to skip a meal all together and make your way to Bobby's, which was only a couple hours away.

You had met Bobby 5 years ago and he completely changed your life. He was basically a father to you, and you knew he saw you as his little girl. He would do anything to keep you safe, but he also knew you could take care of yourself for the most part. Your stubbornness and love for learning were what you would claim to be your best aspects of your personality, mainly based on the fact they were shared personality traits between both you and Bobby, which in your mind fully sustained his role as a father figure. Making you feel like a real family.

Bobby wasn't expecting you till tomorrow evening but due to the circumstances the hunt had thrown at you, you had to speed up your timescale.You knew Bobby was on a hunt with Garth which they should be finishing up sometime today or tomorrow (something about a shifter in Minnesota) but decided to give him a call to let him know you would be waiting for him at home. He didn't answer but you left him a message.

Home. A word you thought you would never be able to claim as your own. Lost in thought, you drove the full two hours to Bobby's, parking the car out back at your designated spot Bobby had just for you, so that when you were over no one would know you were home. You pulled the license plate and grabbed your bags to head inside. As soon as you unlocked the door with the key Bobby had given you, your senses were filled with the smell of strong whisky, old books, and Hoppe's No.9.

The house was dark, and you intended to keep it that way. If the lights were on, hunters that were passing through might assume Bobby was up and ready for visitors. He was a very popular guy in the hunting world, mainly because he was one of the few people to actually care about those around him and was paranoid enough to keep information on every myth, legend, religion, lore, and monster you could think of, making him one of the ultimate sources of information.

You crept your way down the stairs, passed the panic room, into your designated bedroom. Bobby didn't like very many people to know about you for your safety so he made his old "guest room" where he kept further weapons and hex box's, into a bedroom that connected to a private bathroom. He installed sound proof walls so that you could listen to your favorite tunes on full blast without anyone upstairs knowing about it. He also made a trap door to your room so that you could come and go through the back if anyone was around. Entering your room you remembered just how messy you left it, not only was your bed fully unmade, but books, notes, and stray sheets of paper were littered all over the floor from your translations and studies. You set your stuff down on the bed and decided to take a shower to soothe your sore muscles. You checked your phone to see if Bobby had texted, but noticed it was dead. You plugged it in and got into shower.

*meanwhile*

"Hey Bobby. Look me and Sam need a place to crash so we are going to swing by your place." Dean turned to look at his brother, one hand on the wheel and a small smirk growing on his face "We know your out, but don't worry we won't ruin anything on purpose while your gone".

He hung up and chuckled to himself, considering everything they had gotten themselves into time and time again. Sam has a soft smile on his lips and tired eyes as he watched Dean turn into Bobby's driveway. They knew Bobby liked to be there when they came by, but they were both tired of driving all day and decided this way they were in a place they considered relatively safe. After Sam unlocked the door, Dean made his way inside going straight towards the kitchen, flipping on every light switch not caring if anyone noticed the lights on. Sam internally laughed at his brothers unrivaled appetite and set the bags down on the living room floor, claiming the couch temporarily. Dean walked in with two beers and handed one to Sam.

"It's so quiet" Dean said leaning against the doorway. "Never realized how loud the old grump was" Dean smiles as his memories with Bobby fled his mind. Learning to shoot in the back yard, playing card games with Sam on the living room floor while waiting for their dad to get back, grilling hamburgers on the back porch, even drinking his first shot of whisky in Bobby's kitchen. Sam sat up, nodding acknowledgement at Deans statement, also lost in thought with flooding memories.

"You know what we could do?" Dean asks, a devilish grin spreading across his features. "We have never been alone at Bobby's, and we may never have the chance again".

Sams curiosity got the best of him. "What Dean? What can we do?"

"Bobby always asked us to not go into the basement other than to grab things off of the shelving and workshop area in the main room downstairs, or the panic room for obvious reasons" He straightened his stance glancing behind him at the door to the basement.

"Dean it could just be for personal reasons. We shouldn't go through his stuff like that. We're not 8"

Dean scoffed at Sams remark "you mean you are not curious about what Bobby has down there in the back room? I mean, when we were little I understand us not being down there often, but now as adults? Your not the slightest bit curious?"

Dean turns around and makes his way down the stairs to the basement. He chuckles as he notices Sams tall frame filling the doorway.

"Come on Sammy"

Dean flips on the light switch seeing the workshop area and hallway to the panic room, but turns immediately towards the door that has held his curiosity.

"I don't know man, it doesn't feel right snooping though Bobbies stuff" Sam states, feeling a little guilty for putting his own curiosity above Bobbies request.
"Are you scared Sammy?" Dean patronized. "You think Bobby has a monster he keeps down here?" He chuckled at his own statement as he opened the door...

"What the hell???"