Chapter # 42

It's a double update  🎉🎉 So read chapter 41 first 💜

I'm updating in advance because I'll be busy till 21st Sept. So enjoy 💜 I don't want you to miss a chapter of my crappy story sksksksk😳😳

Everybody left him alone in the living room to let him think. Byul went out into the jungle feeling low and uneasy. How could he forget his mom—

"Your Mom will stay here forever"

He transformed and ran until he was deep in jungle then he shifted and sat on a stone near waterfall. Somehow seeing the waterfall calms his soul. The nature gave him soothing and calming feeling like he is near his mother. He just couldn't believe the woman who used to nag him and his father is no more. Now when he think about it, he understand that his mother knew about this all along.

*7 months ago*

"Byul if I ever leave, take care of your father. He is an idiot who don't let other people see what he is going through. So even if he say that he is alright, still be persistent and approach him", she said caressing his head.

"Are you planning to go on a vacation or something?", He asked looking up at her.

"Well maybe I'll go on a long vacation and I won't come back", she smiled.

"O c'mon Mom don't do that. Take me with you", he whined.

"Mom wants you to stay here with Dad and support him. Will you do that for me?", She requested.

He looked at her eyes then pouted, "alright if you say so". She smiled and hugged him, "That's my boy".

*Back to Present*

"You knew this all along Mom", he whispered snaking his hands around his knees securely. He was brooding when he heard rustling from behind. He immediately wiped his tears and turned, cautious.

"I've been looking for you everywhere and you are hiding here like a rabbit", Taeguk huffed, making her way through the bushes.

"Why are you here?", Byul mumbled.

"What? Can't hear ya", she yawned.

He turned around again, mumbling "nevermind". She sat beside him without saying anything and both looked at the waterfall. After good few minutes of comfortable silence, Byul spoke up, "can I ask you something?"

She scanned his face for few seconds then said, "Sure speak up".

"If you lose your Daddy and someone tell you to let your Papa find a new mate then what will you do?"

Her eyes turned wide but then she closed her eyes and said, "It will be tough. Sure I would be sad too but when I think from my Papa's point of view then I know that my pain and suffering is nothing compared to him. We are wolves and we were always taught that we are halves and we will become whole when we find our destined mate. So just for my own sake, I won't suffocate my father's happiness because I know he will never speak up to me because he still take me as a kid. For him, I'm still her baby".

Byul turned silent again, head low. Then she continued, "You know even though I'm 15, I still got jealous of 7 year old boy. More precisely my own brother", Byul looked at her eyes trying to decipher something. She smiled then continue, "You know I've never seen Papa and Daddy that happy. I remember the last time when he was in hospital and neither dad talk to us nor Papa. They shut each other out and us too. I asked Adda, why they are not talking to us or letting us come, He said that they are fighting a battle that only they can fight. I was confused and sad but then I tried to understand what he meant. To be honest I just prayed everyday that they just come to us because I didn't knew what was happening back then but now when I think about it, I think I know what he was going through", she muttered.