29. LOL

Rose Damison

Rose Damison

A little boring chapter but needed for the plot.

"I kissed a girl.. just to try it, hope my boyfriend don't mind it." 

I hum the song and sway my hips right and left guessing the beat as I grab my backpack and stuff it with notes and books.

"Where are you going?" 

I jump in shock as I hear a cold voice behind me. I turn around and find Ryan standing at the door of my room, staring at me suspiciously with narrowed eyes. Oh crap!

"Shit-Study. I mean study night at Rita's place. My exams are next week so," My palms sweat as I grip the book firmly in my hand. "Kay. I'll drop you." Ryan states as he turns around and leaves. "No. It's okay, I already called the cab." I panic hard like a breathless fish on land.

Ryan comes back with his leather jacket, "Cancel the cab. I am dropping you." He says while dangling the car keys in his finger. My heartbeat races to an unhealthy level as I come up with random excuses, "But I already paid for the cab and its waiting-"

I shut my mouth as he actions me to keep quiet, he pulls out his phone and begins talking, "Right now? Where?" I grab my hoodie, books and toss them in the bag, ready to run away from his blazing stare. 

"I am getting very late." I tell him, Ryan gawks me for a second then actions me to leave as he continues to talk on his phone. I run like a chicken to get the cab before he changes his mind and drops me at Rita's where I am not going. 

. . .

"Thank you." I pay the driver and walk towards the house that eliminates with dim light. I look back and forth in doubt just to confirm that no one is following me. I pull out the Java book and straighten my ponytail to look presentable. 

I ring the bell and wait for the door to open, I giggle thinking this is probably the first time I did so daring-

*Thud*

I turn my head towards the heavy sound that comes from behind me. I see a shadowy image running hastily in the dark like a wild dog is chasing from behind. Emara? 

*Click*

"You are Rose, right?" I turn my head and see Ethan's mother standing by the door, looking at me with a gentle smile. "Aunt-ty, Emara..." I confusedly point up then at the gate. Did she just run away?

She looks at me then at the book in my arms, "Oh! You and Emara are having a night out tonight. How wonderful!" She hugs me and invites me inside her home. "I am so glad you are helping Emara in studies. I am so worried about that girl, she is so careless and carefree."

Ethan's mother keeps talking about Emara whereas I stay silent knowing I came here to deliver the Java book for Ethan. "Did you had dinner?" I nod. "If you need anything, midnight snack, or coke you can get it through the first cabinet in the kitchen."