32. Sex Education

Emara Stone

Emara Stone

"About sex."

SEXXX!

I and Ethan look at each other horrifyingly as our dad gets into the mood for some educational class. He narrows his eyes further growling with his eyebrows. What is he doing?

Do they know what I did last night? 

I watch my dad as he slowly and stressfully strides in the room, probably thinking of some intelligent words. I see Ethan with his head bowed down to his lap, probably reciting formulas in his head. I try to run my fingers through my hair but they get stuck in the tangled bunch of my blue strands. Eww! 

"You see kids, sex is a very imp-"

"Dad, dad! Please stop. We already learned that stuff in our biology, health, and sex-ed class." Ethan yelps holding his bruised pink nose, his pleading voice sounds like a dying dog on crack.

"Sex what?" Suddenly my brain catches a term that I haven't heard in the history of my existence. "Sex-ed class. The educational class we had in 7th grade on the human body, procreation, and contraception." He says as if I remember every class of my life.  

"Oh that. Nope, never attained that class." I sit back shaking my head. "How come Ethan attained and you didn't?" My dad narrows his eyes at me as if I am a teen psychopath. 

"Remember I had Malaria and I was sick for two weeks? I think I missed my sex-ed class during that time period." I tell him. The only sex knowledge I ever attained was through Wattpad. Especially through the pro-elite readers in the horny comment section that every book possesses.

Suddenly, my dad's face color evaporates, he looks stressed, distressed, and under heavy pressure. He looks like he is gonna faint. "Are you okay, dad?" At this point, I am really worried about him. He uneasily laughs making it more awkward than it is already is, "I was born okay. Ha ha!" He is not okay!

I think this is where it starts. My first ever sex education.

"Uh-hum. In humans, males and females have different bodies. And those different bodies have different functions and those different functions have different goals and those different goals have different results." 

Should I take notes?

"And those different results have different consequences, like AIDS, STDs, Herpes, Syphilis, lice." Lice? "Surprise marriage, expenses, a crying baby, diapers, in-laws, more expenses." Wait... where is he going with this topic? 

I and Ethan share a confusing look as our father continues to talk, "That evil mother-in-law, phone checking, poop-filled diapers, prenup." Wait... Are these side effects of sex? "And these consequences can suck the happiness out of your life and can give you a very painful death."