//02// Freedom At Whatever Cost (smut)

WARNINGS: smut, dirty talk, daddy kink, swearing, sexual tension.

We've been working for hours and I'm becoming impatient. I'm helping a girl named Harper with her tent. Once we're done, I notice that the sky has darkened significantly. When I'm looking around, I see a bonfire. John is standing by it with a girl and a guy. They're removing her wristband with a piece of metal. They get it off and throw it in the fire.

"You're welcome," I say to Harper before walking over to the bonfire. I stand beside John. "What the hell's going on over here?"

"We're just helping Fox with her wristband," he answers, grinning.

"That transmits our vitals back to the Ark. They're gonna think you're dead," I say, shaking my head.

"And what do you think they'll do when they get here?" a new voice says. It's the guy with the soldier's uniform. He walks into the orange light of the fire, eyes wandering my body. "Our crimes will not be forgiven. We'll be treated like the garbage that they think we are."

"Why are you saying this? You're a soldier," I say, confused.

"I stole the uniform to sneak onto the ship and keep an eye on my sister, Octavia. Needless to say, she requires my protection," he says, nodding.

I laugh loudly, grabbing my stomach. "Well, aren't you something."

"If they think we're all dead, they won't come down here. We can live how we choose," he says, pointing to the crowd that's gathered.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind living by my own rules but I have some issues with this plan.

"And how long do you think we'll survive without them? Winter will come and we haven't even found a good source of food or water yet," I say, shaking my head.

"You worry too much," he says, walking around the fire and following my curves with his eyes. "Loosen up. We can do what we want down here."

"We have to do some things or we won't be alive by the end week," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

He laughs quietly, walking past John to stand just in front of me. "Calm down. Don't be so uptight."

"Just because I'm planning ahead on how not to die doesn't mean I'm an uptight bitch, alright? I'm just trying to keep us alive," I say.

"And I'm trying to make sure that we don't forget who we really are. Delinquents," he says, forcing a shout from the crowd. He grins down at me before leaning closer. His voice shuts down to a whisper. "They listen to me, sweetheart. They want to relax and they want to have a good time. Honestly, I think you should go along with it. It'd be a shame to waste that pretty face."

I frown. "This pretty face isn't for sale."

He grins wider, leaning closer to me. "Wanna bet?"

My eyebrows raise for a second, a smile adorning my lips. "Sure." The next thing I know, I'm reaching past him for John's neck and pulling his lips down to mine. I register the faint hoots of my fellow prisoners as his tongue finds its way into my mouth. I know if we go any further I'll get hooked so I pull away, grinning at John then the soldier who's mouth is now hanging open. I shake my head again. "I'm not for sale."

Just then, it starts raining hard. Everyone shouts, opening their arms to feel the drops on them. Wells is looking around with a little panic in his eyes. He walks closer to the soldier, grabbing his arm.

"We need to collect this, Bellamy," he says seriously.

"Whatever the hell you want," Bellamy answers, beginning to shout the words as a chant. People begin to join in and I roll my eyes.