//29// Permanent Farewell

WARNINGS: swearing.

I spend the next day avoiding Emori's eyes.

The day after, I go to Ally's mansion. John is cooking while I sit in the living room, playing piano. He was surprised to hear that I play but he doesn't seem to mind much. I've been at it for a few hours when I hear the backdoor open. I continue my work, running through the song until the end.

"That was beautiful."

I turn in my seat to find Clarke and I shrug. "It's nothing."

"I never would've pegged you for a musician," she says, shaking her head.

I stand, walking past her and into the kitchen. "I never would've pegged you for the Commander of Death but here we are."

"Don't be a dick, Cam," John advises me.

"You'd know all about being a dick, wouldn't you?" I say, narrowing my eyes.

"I see you two've made up," Clarke says sarcastically.

"Quite the opposite, actually," I say, grinning at him.

He smiles back, turning to Clarke. "Is Emori coming?"

"She's already here."

I turn to find her walking through the backdoor. I stare down at my feet, leaning my back against the counter. The silence in the room is palpable. I fill it by squeaking my shoes on the floor.

"Bakon off," Emori says suddenly to me.

"Em ste strik seintaim lait gon bilaik," I say, smiling and shaking my head.

She told me to back off and I told her it was a little too late for that.

"Hod op," Clarke says, crossing her arms over her chest. "Chit dula op yu gon daun gon?"

She asked us what we even fight for.

"Osa nou gon daun nau," she says, shaking her head. "Krei, hod em op."

She told us we can't be fighting now and that we have to stop it.

"Ai ste fiya," I apologize, turning to Emori. "Em laik gon yu."

"Ai ste fiya seintaim," she says, nodding.

I look at John's stunned face. "I'll see you later."

Then I rush out the backdoor of the mansion.

_•_•_

"It can't be over with," Raven says, working on something I don't understand.

"It can't happen, Raven. Emori made that very clear," I say, shaking my head.

"I thought you said he chose you and then you had sex. How is that just friend stuff?" she asks, seemingly confused.

"It isn't but I honestly don't want to tear them apart. Shouldn't I let him see what happens with her first before swooping in?" I say, shifting in my seat on a table.

"Sure, but I think he has a say in this too. If he wants to be with you, shouldn't you respect that?" she asks, raising her eyebrows.

"I don't mean to interrupt."

I turn to find Abby at the top of the stairs. "You're not. I was just leaving anyway."

"Maybe you shouldn't. Clarke found us a test subject," Abby says, nodding.

Emori emerges with a man in Scavenger clothes. He looks a little familiar but I can't put my finger on it. He isn't happy when he sees me. His expression turns to hatred as he attempts to pull himself from Emori's hands. John grabs him to keep him steady. I roll my eyes as he begins to hurl insults at me in Trig.