//23// Going Separate Ways

WARNINGS: swearing, sexual tension, mini smut.

I don't believe Jaha. I can't believe him. John wouldn't just leave me like that. He promised he wouldn't. Then again, it is what he's used to. For some reason, I'm fine with the thought of him leaving me. I just don't want to think about him with Emori.

Miller has bugged Pike's office. We can hear everything he plans now. I know I should be more focused on taking him down but my mind is with John. What if he's dead? What if someone murdered him? What if Emori murdered him? What if they're having sex right now? God, I don't even want to think about it. But I can't help it.

"Camari? Are you alright?" Harper asks me, looking concerned.

"I'm sorry," I say, shaking my head. "I'm thinking about John. I'm worried about him."

Marcus pauses for a second before nodding. "Then you should go find him."

I breathe a laugh. "That's funny."

He doesn't return the sentiment.

"You're serious?" I ask, confused.

"Obviously, you care about him. If it'll let you rest easy, go find him," he says, nodding.

"Thank you," I say, nodding too.

It's actually quite easy to sneak out. There's a loose panel in one of the unused hallways. I crawl into the little tunnel as Marcus looks over his shoulder. I grab his neck, pulling him into a hug. He holds onto my back as I pull back, kissing his cheek.

"I can see why Momma liked you," I say, smiling softly before crawling through the vent.

It isn't long before I'm out of the compound, slipping out of camp and into the woods. My sword is out as I review my surroundings. No one is around but I'll remain on guard until I'm out of Skaikru territory. They've really gone off the rails.

When it gets dark, my guard goes back up. I think I'm back in Grounder territory and right now, I'm not anyone's ally. Am I a fugitive? What fun. Running from the law. My thoughts are the only entertainment out here so I'm making them more interesting. Is it working?

By morning, I've stumbled across a cabin. Well, it's sort of a cabin. Pelts hang on lines outside. It must be a Grounder establishment. Nevertheless, I walk in, a bell dinging as I do. I take a look around, noticing that the place is set up like a shop with aisles. A counter is to the right. They seem to sell remedies and medicine, things like that.

"Hands up!"

I turn to see a woman with blonde hair coming out of the back with a spear raised at me. My sword is in my belt and I can't get it without arousing suspicion. I lift my hands, palms out to her. She takes a few steps closer and I notice that she has very sharp, pointed features.

"I mean you no harm," I say, shaking my head.

"Skaikru," she realizes, frowning.

"I just need a place to stay," I say, making her laugh in dismissal. "I have other services. For free. In return for a room for the night."

"What services?" she asks, seeming curious.

I grin, fingers dropping to my collar as I undo the top button. "Are you interested?"

She stares at my chest, licking her lips just a bit. My grin widens as I take slow steps toward her. She still has her spear aimed at me but I place a hand on it, lowering the weapon. She drops it on the ground, grabbing either side of my face and kissing me roughly. She pulls me back and into a new, cramped room. There's a bed and a wooden table with two seats. That is pretty much it besides the furs and shelves on the walls. She lays me down on the fur covered bed and straddles my hips. As she removes her lips from mine, I reach for her shirt, pulling it above her head.