//05// Helpful Distractions (smut)

WARNINGS: smut, swearing, sexual tension.

"Mari, you gotta stop pacing," Monty says, rubbing his eyes as if he's exhausted with me. He probably is.

"I can't," I say shortly, eyes following the walls of the second floor of the drop ship.

They've been gone for hours. She could be dead by now. He could be dead. They all could be dead. I need to get this shit out of my head. I need a fucking diversion.

"Mari, they're smart. They wouldn't do anything not worth doing," Monty tells me, still tinkering with the wristbands in a booth.

"He has a death wish, Mon," I say, feet clanking on the metal.

"Why do you even care about him? He's an asshole," he points out.

"I know that," I say, stopping to look at him.

He shrugs at me, going back to his work. I bite my lip, suddenly knowing what can distract me perfectly. I walk to him, positioning my legs on either side of him and sitting in his lap.

His eyebrows raise quickly. "Woah, Mari-"

"Can I kiss you?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"What are you-?"

I ignore the protest, pressing my lips to his. I trail my hands up his neck, gripping his hair tightly. I feel his hands gentle on my back. I obviously wish he were more rough but not everyone can be John. So, I let myself take charge, grinding my hips down on him and pushing my tongue into his mouth.

"Woah," he says, pulling back but keeping his hands on my hips. He looks up into my eyes, shaking his head a bit. "What are you doing?"

"Distracting myself," I say, moving my hips again.

He stops me with his grip. "Please, Mari. You're not thinking straight-"

"Obviously not, but I need to get shit off my mind," I say, firmly grabbing his neck.

He pulls away again. "You're gonna regret all this in a few hours when Murphy gets back."

"If John gets back, you'll be regretting it more than I will," I say, eyes dropping to his lips.

"No, I can't," he says, slipping out from under me and standing. He keeps his eyes on mine.

I sigh. "Really? Not even a friendly make out session?"

He laughs a bit. "Yeah, that's not happening."

"Pity," I say, grinning at him.

"They're back!!"

"Fuck," I say, standing from my seat and rushing down the ladder.

Once I'm in the drop ship, I throw the tarp aside and sprint out into the darkness. My eyes are following the light of the torches, finding seven people walking back into camp. I run to them, seeing Clarke, Bellamy, Finn, and four others I've never met. No Charlotte. No John.

"What the hell did you do to him?" I ask Bellamy, crossing my arms over my chest.

"He's been banished," Clarke answers, nodding.

"What? Why?" I ask, frowning.

"He tried to kill Charlotte, he tried to kill Jasper, he held a knife to my throat. Should I go on?" she asks, eyebrows raised.

"Sure, he's messed up but-"

"You're really gonna defend him?" Bellamy asks, leaning over me.

I step away from him, eyes returning to Clarke's. "Where is he then? You just left him out there with nothing?"