//13// "Rescued"

WARNINGS: swearing, violence, addiction, withdrawal.

I'm awoken by the sound of gunfire. I see Raven sitting against her same box and holding a gun out from herself. A Grounder is slumped on the floor. She must've shot him. We're still in the drop ship but no one is here. Everyone is just...gone.

"What happened?" I ask Raven, confused.

She turns to look at me. "They're gone. Some guys took them, I guess."

"No," I say quietly, pulling at my restraints.

Right. I'm an alcoholic and I'm in the process of relapsing. What a wonderful world.

"Yes," Raven says, nodding and wincing at the same time.

"We'll be fine," I say, nodding too. "We'll be fine."

There's movement outside and Raven holds her gun up. John walks inside, holding his hands up in surrender when he notices Raven's gun. This should go well.

"Don't shoot," he says, not yet noticing me.

She pulls the trigger anyway only to find that the gun has no ammo left. I let out a breath as John does the same. His hands drop as soon as he realizes he's safe.

"Yeah. I would've shot me too," he says, turning to look in my direction. "Jesus, Cam. Why are you tied up?"

"Don't undo them," I say quickly, shaking my head.

"Why not?" he asks, seeming confused.

"She tied herself up because she's relapsing," Raven explains.

I drop my eyes in shame. "Yeah."

"I didn't know you had an alcohol problem," he says, sitting next to the entrance.

"It wasn't a problem when I'd have a beer every once and a while. It wasn't a problem when I'd dance and drink. It turned into a problem when I'd wake up in strange places with strange people. It turned into a problem when my mother didn't recognize the person I'd become. So, I quit," I say, looking up to confused faces. "Isn't this the sharing circle? Aren't we all going to die here together? I thought it was time to confess to my sins."

"There aren't enough words in the English language," John says, shaking his head.

"Then say it in French," I suggest, grinning at him.

"At least I know I'm in good company," Raven says sarcastically.

"What's wrong with us?" I ask, frowning.

"The girl I slept with to get over my ex and her insanely jealous ex lover?" she asks, eyebrows raising. "You're right. How could I see the flaws in this?"

"What do you mean 'ex lover?'" John asks, making quotation marks with his fingers.

"You're definitely ex now," I say, nodding.

"Why?" he asks, seeming genuinely confused.

"Um...you took Jasper hostage. You killed Myles and Connor. You tried to hang Bellamy. And you used pretty much the last of the gunpowder," I say, frowning.

"Oh, come on. What would you have used gunpowder for anyway?" he asks.

"Made bombs for the war. Or maybe cauterize Raven's wound which you caused," I say, leaning forward.

He turns to her, swallowing hard. "Look, Raven, I'm sorry."

She coughs, blood spewing from her lips. He stands quickly, getting her on her side. I watch as she spits the blood onto the floor. It's sweet that he's helping her but I have absolutely no idea why. He isn't a caring person. Maybe he just thought he could help somehow.