//28// Words Unsaid (smut)

WARNINGS: swearing, smut.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask John once we've reached the strange door poking out from the ground.

Emori stops in the doorway, staring death at me.

John turns to her. "Can you give us a minute?"

She nods, looking at me. "Nou tran em."

She told me not to try it.

I grin at her. "Ai na tran."

I told her I'd try.

She frowns before walking through the door and down the stairs there. John turns to me, shoving his hands in his pockets. I swallow hard, testing my weight on the balls of my feet.

"I like your look, by the way," he says, gesturing to my clothes. "I think it's pretty hot."

I smile, running my thumb over the stubble on his cheek. "I see you took my advice on the beard, huh?"

"Still think it's hot?" he asks, cocking his head and grinning at me.

"Sha," I say, nodding.

"What's going on here, Cam?" he asks, eyes falling off mine to roam my body.

I sigh, looking into his eyes. "I told you in Polis that I knew we'd meet again. I told you we weren't done. I really meant it, John. I want you again."

He sighs too, avoiding my eyes now. "What about Emori?"

I smile. "We both know she'll understand. Just tell her your decision."

"I really care about her, Cam," he says, shaking his head.

I step closer, gripping his chin in my hand. "Do you care about me?"

"Of course-"

"Then choose now. Please, John," I say, pressing myself into him.

He shakes his head, meeting my eyes as his eyebrows raise. "I choose you."

I grin. "Tell Emori that then."

"I can't now. Tomorrow, I promise," he says, nodding.

I nod too. "Alright. I'll be waiting for you."

_•_•_

The lab is honestly amazing. And there's five more floors down in the compound too. I've been wandering for hours, making a mental map of this place. That only occupies me for an hour before I'm back in the lab, watching Jackson and Abby nerd out over the technology. Raven seems interested too. I honestly have no idea what they're saying half the time but it's worth it just to watch them.

After a few hours, I become bored. I head up the stairs and up another set to the room above the lab. I walk past the bed and to the huge window covering the entire wall. My arms immediately come up to hug myself as I watch Abby inject Raven with something. She was seizing. White bubbles are foaming from her mouth.

Lips are at my neck.

I spin around quickly, finding John behind me. "What are you doing?"

"Kissing you," he replies, stepping closer.

"Did you end it with her?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

He sighs, looking down. "I can't right now. I think I'll have to keep this a secret for a bit."

"How long is a bit?" I ask, eyebrows raising.

"A week, maybe," he says, smiling sadly at me.

"If that's what I have to do to be with you then okay," I say, nodding.