//51// Hostage Situation

WARNINGS: swearing, sexual tension, violence.

"Up!! Now!!"

I groan as my eyelids start to burn and the noise slams into my ears. "Go away."

"Nope," John's voice tells me.

I open my eyes, finding him standing by the window where the curtains are recently opened. He's not wearing a shirt and he's looking at me in disappointment. I sigh, sitting up and pulling the covers with me so they're over my chest.

"I wanna lay in bed all day," I say, leaning my head back against the headboard.

"I may have done something," he says, staring at the ground like a guilty child.

"What is it?" I ask, eyebrows raising.

He sighs, meeting my eyes. "You seemed really upset and scared so I decided to try to make you feel better-"

"What did you do, John?" I press, losing my patience.

"The Children of Gabriel have never met their parents and your parents are gone so I figured you'd want them to have what you can't anymore. I planned this party thing for them to meet each other again," he says, rushing through the words.

He's right. I've heard of their parental issues and I instantly wanted to do something. They could have something I've wanted since I was little. Sure, I had a mom but she was never very attached to me. She spent her motherly advice on trying to keep me alive. That's why she trained me for murder.

"That's sweet, but-"

"It's too late now. I already planned the damn thing and you have to go since it was Kaylee's dream and it needs to look like it was your idea," he says, shaking his head. "I just want you to forget about the problems for a few hours."

"Alright," I say, rolling my eyes. "I'll go to the stupid thing. First, I have to bring Russel his food."

"Sounds great," he says sarcastically, grinning and raising his eyebrows.

"I'm naked under here," I say in a low voice. "If you have sex with me, I won't have to see him."

He breathes a laugh. "No, you should go. It'll be good to get out of bed."

"Fine," I say, sighing and standing so I'm in front of him. His eyes glue themselves to my bare body. "You're the one missing out."

I walk around him and into our closet, hearing him let out a shaky breath once I'm gone. I grab a pair of jeans and a black tank top that I tuck into the hem of the jeans. John told me yesterday that it would be colder today so I grab a dark red, knitted sweater and throw it around myself. It's long and has large gaps between the thread. It doesn't seem like it'll keep me very warm but I honestly don't care.

Since I'm scared that if I see John, I'll jump his bones, I head quickly out the door without a second glance in his direction. It doesn't take long for me to get outside and when I do, I walk directly to the metal box we're keeping Russel in. Well, it isn't Russel. I'm not sure why I'm still calling him that in my head. Once I reach the door, I find a Faithful girl with blonde hair standing with the tray.

"I can take it to him, holiness. It really is no problem," she says, nodding.

I grab the tray from her hands anyway, saying nothing and going inside once the Wonkru guards have opened the doors for me. I take a few steps forward before I see Sheidheda sitting against the back wall. Once he sees me, he smiles a bit. I frown, walking forward and placing the tray on a small table with a chess board on it. Then I go to the larger table and grab his other tray. After I've collected it, I head right for the door.