//04// Unknown Goodbye

WARNINGS: swearing, violence, sexual tension, dirty talk.

After sundown, everyone files out of the drop ship. Someone said the fog was gone and we were all eager enough to believe them. I watch Clarke rush past me and up to Jasper with a red plant in hand. I really hope she saves him or John won't let me hear the end of it. He's off with Bellamy who seems to be threatening him. I really don't understand their dynamic.

I ignore the pair, walking outside the makeshift wall and to Wells. He's digging a grave next to the other two. Apparently, two guys died when we landed so he buried them. But there's another one.

"Who was it then?" I ask, sitting at the heads of the graves.

He looks up at me. "Am I allowed to talk to you now?"

"As long as you don't say anything I don't like," I say, nodding. I'm barely able to look him in the eye.

"Atom," he replies, packing the soil firmly down.

"Never met him," I say, shaking my head.

"He was nice. He wasn't a dick to me which was surprising enough," he says, dropping the shovel and staring at the dirt.

"You know," I say, standing and brushing myself off, "I hate you. It's true, I despise every little thing about you. The only reason for that happens to be your father. And I'm sorry that I'm gonna be a dick to you but I can't be to him so you're my only option."

He nods. "Alright. I guess I'll be trying to avoid you then."

"Good luck with that," I reply, turning and walking back inside the wall.

As soon as I'm inside, John's grabbing my hand and dragging me forward. I would protest but he seems upset and I don't want to push him further. So, I let him pull me toward our tent and through the entrance. He zips down the door and then stands to face me, taking a long breath. He stalks closer to me with slow steps. He eventually reaches me, fingers coming under my chin to lift my gaze.

"Take off your clothes."

_•_•_

"Cam, can we talk?"

I look up from the axe I was building to find Finn standing behind the table I'm working at with a cautious expression. I nod, dropping the weapon on the table and following him to the wall. We go to where the graves are and I see another one joining the three. Clarke is kneeling in front of it with flowers.

"Who?" I ask quietly.

"Wells," he answers.

I look over at him, shocked. He only nods and I return my gaze to Clarke. "Well, I can't exactly say that I'm disappointed-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asks, turning to face me.

"Listen, Finn, his father killed my mother. I tried to let it go but every time I saw him, it was like I was back with her when she was crying all over me and they sent her into space. I'm not happy that he suffered but I am glad that I won't have to look at him everyday," I say, shaking my head.

"Well, I was gonna ask if you'd talk to her but that's out of the question now," he says, frowning.

"Why would I be the one to talk to her?" I ask. 

"Because you seem close enough and you're a girl and I'm not sure how to talk to her," he admits.

"Okay, we are not close so that was your first mistake. And if you wanna talk to her, just don't be too harsh. She's grieving and you don't want to say anything that'll make her more emotional. Which might be anything since she's a girl. Maybe just stick to good news and plan everything out in your head first," I advise, nodding.