//44// The Wrong Side

WARNINGS: swearing, violence, sexual tension.

I awake to screaming. Not my screaming which is a nice change. No, when my ears come into focus it sounds more like a child. It must be Madi. Gaia said she'd been communicating more with the past Commanders. I don't know much about that but I'm hoping she doesn't lose herself in the Flame.

I stand from bed and notice something strange. John isn't here. He must not have come back to bed last night. I get dressed quickly in a white halter top and black jeans. This is more how I dressed on the Ark and now I have the means to dress like myself again.

When I'm down the stairs, I find Raven at the door with Echo. They must've just gotten back. I hug them both quickly before finding John at the bar. I frown deep, noticing his passed out appearance. I move to sit in the seat next to him and turn to the bartender, smiling wide.

"Could I have a glass of cold water?" I ask.

He nods, filling it up at the tap before placing it in the bar in front of me. I grin at him, taking the cup and splashing it in John's face. He jolts upward, nearly falling out of his chair.

"I can see your relationship's going well," Raven says to me, walking to sit at a table with Echo.

"What the hell, Cam?" John says, keeping his eyes shut as he wipes himself off a bit.

"Good morning," I say, smiling at him.

He frowns, leaning closer to me. "You know, I think you're getting too comfortable with being the boss in the relationship."

I swallow hard. "What?"

"I think," he says, hand trailing up my thigh, "I need to remind you who's really in charge here."

"Oh," I say quietly, shifting a bit.

I wish I could make a sarcastic comment or have a bitchy reply but I can't. He always does this to me when he gets like this. I melt when he talks dirty to me and he knows that. I can already see how this'll go.

"I think you need to be put in your place," he says, nodding and squeezing my skin. "Don't you think so?"

"Yes," I squeak as he digs his fingertips into my flesh.

He grins, eyes falling off mine and to my body. "Good." He leans closer to my ear and whispers, "I'm gonna make you scream my name."

My breath hitches as my hand balls into a fist. "Please."

He presses his lips to my cheek for half a second before pulling back. "I'm gonna change."

"Right," I say quietly, nodding.

He grins, pushing himself off the stool and walking up the stairs. I frown at myself, going to sit at the table with Echo and Raven. They both give me looks but I ignore them. They can't judge me. I've fucked Raven and I've heard Echo and Bellamy going at it. They both know if they said anything, I'd bring both the situations up.

"How's it going?" Clarke asks, walking down the stairs and sitting at our table.

"Just great," Raven says, sighing a bit.

"You'll be even worse when I tell you what we found yesterday," I say, making sure to keep my voice down.

By the end of the story, both girls' mouths are hanging open. Raven struggles for words as Echo starts to frantically shake her head. Clarke just sits there with an emotionless expression on her face.

"That's disgusting," Raven says after a minute, scowling. "They can't do that."

"Of course they can. They're the Primes. They do whatever the hell they want even if innocent people die for it," I say, shaking my head hard.