Chapter 2: Firecaster

"Oh, there you are." Riptide said. He gently grabbed her. "You nearly made me late or in Tsunami's case, dead!"

Firecaster knew who Tsunami was, but Riptide always seem to love and be afraid of her. "Sorry, I was just.... taking a walk around the rainforest."

She never told anyone about the creatures she would play with. Riptide looked anxious about something.

"Hey so I talked to Tsunami about something that is basically life changing for you. So I signed you up for Jade academy." He whispered the last bit, but she could hear.

"Okay." Firecaster said. Riptide looked confused. "You do realize that you will have to meet new dragons and no one you know will be there."

"I know, I want to meet new dragons and get away from the Talons of Peace, you watch me 24/7, it gets very annoying." She said with a smile.

She felt something pulling on her tail and saw one of the scavenger she would play with. She hid the scavenger.

Oh moons , I can't believe that I didn't see Scar. She thought. Scar was the name for a scavenger that had one from the conner of his mouth to his eye.

"Well, thank you for understanding and I appreciate that you are willing to try to meet new dragons." Riptide said.

"Yep, I'm gonna go now." She said, about to jump into the sky. "Okay, but can you come back in a hour, please?" Riptide asked. "Yeah, I promise." She yelled.

She put Scar on her back and flew to the rainforest. The far edge of the forest, close to Scar's home. When she landed, she put him on the ground.

"Scar, please don't follow me or stowaway on me or make your family nervous or Riptide is going to find out about you or any of the other Talons of Peace or they'll eat you." Firecaster said.

A twig snap and Scar ran off to warn his family. The fire went out behind her and she heard them ran off the other way. She moved closer to the dragon that dare hurt her friends.

White scales started to show. One of the icewings, they would love to taste of a scavenger, but he would die before he gets close to my scavengers. Firecaster thought.

"Wait, I don't want to fight, I just want to talk." His deep voice said. He got out of the shadows and revealed himself. "I saw you fly by with a scavenger, I was just wondering..."

The icewing was cut off by her. "If you want to eat or hurt them, you'll have to get pass me." She said, anger started to crawl into her face.

"I would never hurt a scavenger in my life." He said, sounding a little offended. He walked to her and she saw they were the same height.

She made herself taller and looked into his eyes, making sure he wasn't lying. He wasn't, so she put her guard down and invited the scavengers over.