Chapter 21: Winter

Winter and Firecaster had dropped out of JMA after what happened. Firecaster had gone threw trauma about what happened at the ice kingdom.

She would have to stay at the rainwings' healers hut for a year before she would recover. They said that she had trauma with all icewings and if she saw Winter, she would have a panic attack.

So Winter kept his distance, even if it felt like a stab in the heart. He stopped chasing scavengers and told Riptide that he was just tired of chasing them all over the forest.

He was just standing in front of the small lake, the same small lake that Winter had first seen her . He missed Firecaster so much, but he had to stay away from her to make sure she would heal.

Qibli landed down across the lake. His friends promise that they would come and comfort him. "Hey Winter, how ya doing?" Qibli asked. Winter kept looking at the center of the lake. "I'm fine, Qibli." Winter said, dipping one of his claws in the water.

Winter didn't like talking about how he was without Firecaster. Winter looked up to see Qibli walking over to him. Qibli put his wing on him to comfort.

They sat in silence until Qibli broke it. "So, Moon wants to talk to you later, if that's ok with you, Winter." Qibli lift his wing and was about to take off. "Okay, I need someone to talk to someone else anyway." Winter said.

Qibli was off and Winter was tired. He curled up next to a tree, and drifted off to sleep. Winter kept having the same nightmare ever since Firecaster was taken away from him.

Him walking to see Firecaster, him in the healers hut but when she saw Winter, she thrash and nightwing healers had to come her down. Sleeping darts would hit her neck, but Winter felt like a knife had stabbed him in the heart.

He slept a lot now that Firecaster was aloud to see him. He got used to the nightmare, but he always was surprised. He awoke from the dream like he always did, gasping. The sun had moved from the center of the sky to the horizon.

Winter stretch his talons and wings to find Moon flying over to him. " Hey Moon." He said. Moon landed very gently in the water. "Hi Winter, are you ok?" Moon asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." He said, rubbing his eyes. Moon walked out of the water, she seemed scared to tell him something. "Moon, are you okay?" He asked. Her eyes widened. "Um.... Yeah,why wouldn't I be okay?" Moon chuckled nervously.

"Moon, I'm serious, what's wrong?" He said. Moon was silent, Winter's worries rised. Moon sighed. "Fine, on my 7 birthday, that's in a week, me and Qibli want to get married." Moon said.