Chapter 27: Winter

Winter looked deeply in Firecaster's eyes. She looked nervous and anxious, Winter walked over to her. "Hey Firecaster, are you okay?" Winter asked.

Firecaster laid her head down on her pillow and looked at Winter. " Winter, can you come here for a moment?" She asked. Winter walked over to her, she grabbed his talons and put his talons on her stomach.

He felt her heart beat, then he felt another one below her heart. Startled, he pulled his talons away. "Firecaster, are you pregnant?" He asked her. She smiled and nodded slowly.

Winter was speechless, his fiance was already pregnant before their marriage. "How long have you been pregnant." Winter asked. Firecaster smiled and said. "So long that next week I'm having it's egg." She said.

Winter had mixed emotions about the news. He was happy, scared, nervous, and mostly worry. "So Winter, are you upset about this?" She asked. Winter looked over to her. "Of course not, Firecaster. I'm just a little worried."

Winter said, taking her talons. "Winter, I know you would be a perfect father." She said. Winter wasn't worried about himself. "No, I'm worried about you!" He said.

Firecaster looked at him. "But I'm fine, Winter. Nothing bad has happened to me......yet." She whispered the last bit but Winter heard her. "Yet!! What do you mean yet, are things going to get worse!?!?" He asked panicked.

Relax Winter, you should be worrying about me, I'll be fine, I promise." She said taking his talons. He took deep breaths and relaxed. "Your right, I can I feel the your heart beat again?" Winter asked.

He put his talons on her stomach again and felt their dragonet's heart beat. His worries disappeared and happiness controlled him. He smiled and got on Firecaster's bed.

They kissed and Winter kept his talons on her stomach. They stopped and looked at each other. "So, what do you want to name it?" She put her head under his and giggled. "Hallow for a girl and Snowstriker for a boy."

Firecaster said. Winter gently wrapped his arms around her and snuggle up with her. He fell asleep with Firecaster in his arms.