Chapter 12: Firecaster

Firecaster stared at Winter, who closed his eyes and breathed lightly in her talons. She put his head down slowly to his bed and turned to Shapeshifter.

He was pinned against the wall and was gasping for air. "Please...... Firecaster.........Help...........Me." Shapeshifter said, trying to claw at Qibli's arm. She didn't even hear Qibli come in.

"What did you do to Winter?" She said, lowering her voice. He looked at her in the eye. "I swear didn't do anything........and even if I did, I won't be so careless." He said.

He looked back to Qibli. He was lying, he always would look back to where was looking originally. Firecaster thought.

"Your lying, what did you do to him?!?!" She said. She grabbed a dagger and lit it on fire and held it up to his neck. "Now, I'm going to ask you one more time, what did you do to him?! I saw you inject something in his neck, what was it?" She held the dagger closer to his neck.

"Fine, I knocked him out, he's not going to be awake for a month." He said. Firecaster stabbed the dagger in his wing. Shapeshifter roared in pain and Qibli let him go.

"I don't ever want to see your face again, now get out of here. " Firecaster said, pointing to the doorway. He scrambled to get out and ran away. Firecaster turned back to Winter and cuddled up to him.

She loved Winter with all her heart, but in the end, she was the reason he got hurt. She gripped Winter's arm gently but tightly. She want to talk to him for hours, she wanted to kiss him, and she wanted to love him for hours.

"Hey Firecaster, are you okay?" Moon asked. She had really met Moon one day when Winter was out of getting his stitches. She liked Moon, she seemed really nice

"Yeah, I'm fine." Firecaster said, cling to Winter. "Well me and Qibli thought we might take shifts taking care of Winter, so you can have a break something." She said. She liked the idea but she was so tired.

"I would like that, but can I get a little sleep, I'm so tired." She said sleepily. "Okay, but please come find us when you wake up." Moon said. "Okay."
She said, still cling to Winter. She heard talons walking down the hall  and she fell into a terrible nightmare.