Chapter 10: Firecaster

Firecaster walked back to Winter's room. She had went hunting for Winter. When she reached the room, everyone except Winter was gone. Winter was asleep, his back facing her.

I haven't been gone that long, have I? She thought how long she really was gone. It took me twelve minutes to get the prey, then two to get fruit, I talked to Riptide for seven minutes, and last I waited for the serum for twelve minutes. So all together that's, 33 minutes!

She beat herself inside for being gone for half an hour. She heard Winter wince, she walked over to his bed. He was talking in his sleep again. She tried to shaked him awake.

But when she touched him, he groaned. She furrowed, still disappointed at herself, She walked over to the serum to fill the shot container.

She filled it all the way up, walked back over to Winter, and injected him. He looked a little less in pain, but still. She gently kissed him, and started to eat the meat she caught.

She didn't like that she abandoned Winter alone for so long. I should have just got the fruit instead of get meat and fruit. She thought, taking a bite of the deer she had in her talons.

She sliced some fruit and meat in small pieces for Winter. She started to hum. She loved to sing but she always like to hum, it made her think about the words that she would sing.

Then she started to hum the lullaby that Shapeshifter had sing to her as a dragonet, when Shapeshifter would never leave her side.

"The moon light,
Shines so bright,
Please hold me tight,
On the darkest night,
We have no frights,
Let us take flight,
On the moon lit night."

She just hummed the rest of the song in her head. It started to make her tired, but she didn't want to sleep. She finished cutting the fruit and meat and put a cloth over the food.

She tiredly walked over to her bed and clasp to the soft blanket. She wrapped herself up in the blanket, and fell into a deep sleep.