Chapter 16: Firecaster

Firecaster had went hunting to avoid telling the icewings about her and Winter dating. She met up with Scar and his family in their usual place.

She never told anyone about Scar and his family for two reasons. One, dragons would eat them and two, they can transform into dragons.

Scar in his dragon form waited as his sister, Splash whom is a seawing, played in the small lake. "Well, here comes Firecaster." Scar said with a smug smile.

Splash peeked out of the lake and jumped out of the lake. She shaked the water off and Scar put one wing over her.

Splash was the youngest of their family and Scar was the oldest. "Hi Fire, whatcha doing?" Splash asked. "Nothing, I just wanted to get some fresh air." She said. She stretch her wing out to the vines above them.

"So, where's the rest of your family, I thought we we're going to talk?" She asked. Splash looked like she was about to explode. She looked at Scar and he nodded. "Lavender's pregnant!!!" She screamed.

Firecaster was speechless. Lavender wasn't married but she was pregnant. How could she be pregnant? It didn't make sense. "Did Lavender get married without telling me?" She asked.

"No, she just found out, she said she had all the symptoms. It doesn't make sense, she doesn't date at all." Splash said. Firecaster was confused too. "Well, if you guys need to be with Lavender, you can go ahead." She said.

Splash turned into her scavenger form and ran off. Scar turned back to her to see if it was alright. She nodded and he ran off. She was alone. She hated being alone ever since she met Winter.

"Firecaster." Shapeshifter's voice said behind her. "Yeah?" She asked. "I'm sorry for what I did." He said. "I never should have hurt someone you cared about." She wasn't mad at Shapeshifter anymore.

"I'm sorry I stabbed your wing." She said. She turned and Shapeshifter was right in front of her. "I forgive you." He said and pulled her into a hug.

But she heard whispers. Then white scales surrounded her. They pulled Shapeshifter away and knocked him out. The white scales got closer and one of them had knocked out Firecaster.