Chapter 22: Firecaster

Firecaster was playing with 6 dragonets, half of them rainwings, the other nightwings. She watched them as they played tag. The chased each other around, some would jump over her tail, some tripping on it.

She had been at the healer's hut for a year now and she still didn't know why she was here. She did freak a little when Winter touched her but it wasn't anything big.

She had been fine for 10 months now and the still made her stay. She didn't understand why she had to stay. She was better now, she just wanted Winter. They said after a few hours, they would let her go.

So she waited. She didn't want to know if she was aloud to leave yet, she just watched the little dragonets play. One of them bumped into her tail and she looked at the little dragonet.

The little nightwing had black changing to dark green, she had ember eyes and star like wings. She had the body of a nightwing. This must be Queen Glory and King Deathbringer's dragonet. Firecaster thought. The little dragonet looked up at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was playing with my brother and I wasn't paying attention." The dragonet said. "No, it's okay." Firecaster said. The little dragonet had tears in her eyes.

Firecaster realized that the little princess was worried where her brother was. "Do you need help finding your brother?" Firecaster asked. The princess nodded. "What does he look like, I might have seen him pass by."

The princess started to explain what her brother looked like. He had a rainwing body, dark purple eyes, sharp fangs, and black scales.

Firecaster had seen a little dragon that looked like the princess's brother. "I saw him flying to the royal hatchery a few minutes ago." She said. "I don't know how to fly yet, can you fly me there?" The princess asked.

A rainwing healer came out to talk to her. "Good news Firecaster, you are aloud to leave if you want." He said. Firecaster smiled at the news about her new freedom. "Thank you, Pineapple." She said.

The rainwing nodded and returned to he hut. "Yes, I can take you there." Firecaster said. The small princess climbed on her back. Firecaster took off to the royal hatchery. "By the way, my name is Starcaster." The princess said.

We both have caster in our name, that's nice. Firecaster thought. "I'm Firecaster." She said. Starcaster laughed a little. "That cool we both have the word caster in our names." The little dragonet said.

"Listen Starcaster, I'm not allowed to go in the royal hatchery so I'm going to get to some trees that contact to each other so you can make your way to the hatchery, is that okay?" She asked the little nightwing.

The princess nodded and they made her way to the hatchery. When she found two trees that contacted well together to get the little nightwing to the hatchery.

The princess made her way to the hatchery and ran in to hug her brother, while Firecaster made her way to her love.