Chapter 3: Winter

The ten scavengers came around, saw him, turned around, and went back to their home.

"What was that about?" Winter asked, looking at the beautiful Skywing. "Oh, there has been a dragon hunting them and taking them away to a town that's surrounded by giant hunters."

Her voice was a melody, and her brown eyes were beautiful. Oh wait, she is talking about me. He realized. "So, I heard you calling one of the scavenger Scar. Did you give him that name or did you figure it out?" He asked.

"Um, they gave me hints, for Scar he pointed at his, well scar. The one with purple ribbon in her hair is Lavender, and so on, so on." She said, rolling her talons round.

"So, that reminds me, I'm Firecaster." The beautiful Skywing said. He looked over to Firecaster. "I'm Winter, and I remember that Riptide told me that you are going to start Jade academy."

"Oh, so Riptide said I was going to have a bodyguard, is that you?" She asked. " Um, he said it was my choice, if you want me to, I could." He said.

"If your like Riptide, no way! If not, your good." She said. He laughed, quietly. "He is so protective of me, I hate being an orphan." He stopped laughing and looked concernly at her.

"Your an orphan?" He asked. He saw the scavengers come to comfort her.
"I was raised by the Talons of Peace, my mother and father were killed and a skywing named Avalanche help teach me about our culture and sandwing culture." She said.

"I met a dragon named Avalanche trying to find my brother that I thought was dead." Winter said. He looked at Firecaster to see her wanting to know more.

"You want to know the whole story, don't you?" Winter said, with a friendly a smile. She nodded rapidly.

"Well, I found out that my brother was alive when I had to fight my sister, Icicle," Winter started.