Chapter 28: Firecaster

Firecaster awoke to feel a little sick. Winter was gone and Firecaster saw a bucket. She felt deja vu as she reached for the bucket.

She threw up in the bucket and it kept coming up. She heard talons coming to her, Peril walked in to see her. "Hey Firecaster, you know how Chameleon is my dad and how he's also Shapeshifter. I have news about whom your parents are." Peril said.

Firecaster nodded and let her continue. "Well, it turns out that he has a sandwing form and in that form, he's your father." Peril finished.
When Firecaster was finally done puking, she looked up at Peril.

"I guess that means we're step sisters then." She said. Peril smiled. "I'm also pregnant with Clay's dragonets." She said. Firecaster laughed. "I'm going to have an egg in a week." Firecaster said.

"Who's the dad?" Peril asked. Firecaster giggled. "You promise not to kill Winter?" Firecaster asked. Peril looked happy and mad. " And we're getting married to so. Like I said, don't hurt him."

She said. Peril sighed. "Fine, I won't." She said. Firecaster smiled and they sat in silence with her step sister. Peril left a few hours later and Firecaster fell asleep.

Firecaster awake with pain in her stomach. She put her talons over her stomach. Maybe I should stay at the rainwing healers hut for a few days. She thought.

The pain grew in seconds and Winter still wasn't back. A rainwing healer came in to her room. It was Pineapple. The healer who helped her  get over her trauma.

"Hey Fire, how yah doing?" He asked. The pain got worst and she winced. "I'm fine Pineapple, I just have a little pain in my stomach and it hurts." She said, gripping her stomach.

"Well that might mean that the eggs coming. Turns out that I was wrong and that the egg should be coming today." He said, walking over to her. "Let's hurry and get you to the healer's hut." He helped her up and they left for the healer's hut.

Ten gross and painful hours later.....

Firecaster laid unconscious on a healers bed. The sun had set and she had slept the whole day. Her egg was next to her bed,she checked it to make sure it was okay.

She looked at it's shell, white turning into red. She smiled at the egg and saw Winter in the doorway.