Chapter 26: Firecaster

After Winter left with Qibli, Firecaster snuck out to find Moon. She needed to find Moon before Winter came back. Moon was reading scrolls and laying on her bed.

The rainwing healers said that her and Moon's dragonets were going to come in two weeks so Firecaster wanted to talk about dragonet names. Moon had chosen Hawk for a boy and Starflier for a girl.

Firecaster needed to pick a name for her dragonet and tell Winter. The name was the thing she wanted to focus on, telling Winter was the last thing she wanted to do.

She had thought of the names for her dragonet's name. She walked in to Moon's cave and Moon looked from her scroll. "Hey Firecaster, here to talk about names for your dragonet?" Moon asked.

Firecaster nodded and Moon put her scroll away. "I've thought about it and I've decided for a girl, Hallow, and for a boy, Snowstriker." She said. Moon smiled. "I like them and I think Winter would like them too, Firecaster." Moon said.

"I really think you should tell Winter, I think he'll be happy that you're going to have a dragonet and you can't hide it forever." Moon said with her kind and gentle voice.

Firecaster know Moon was right and she did needed to tell Winter, so she knew when she should tell him. "I know, I'm going to tell him to night after we're done talking." She said. Moon smiled again and they begun to talk.

Hours passed and Firecaster had to wrap things up. "I should go before Winter gets back and starts to worry." She said walking out of Moon's sleeping cave.

Firecaster went back to her sleeping cave to see that Winter wasn't back yet. Where is he? Firecaster thought. He heard Winter's laugh and went to her bed.

She laid against the wall behind her and rested. Then, with a smile on his face, Winter came in to look happily in her eyes.