Chapter - 2 : The Letter in Emerald Green Ink

"So, what's with the letter in your hand?" Ava asked her sister.

"What? Oh. Nothing. Something about work (she was a vet). You don't want to know about it right now." she replied rather nonchalantly.

"Anyways, here! Open it! It's your present from me!" said Leah handing her a tiny box covered in golden wrapping paper.

As Ava opened it, she saw a locket glistening extraordinarily, it was the best she had ever seen. There it was shining perfectly in the red velvet cushion inside the box. The golden shine of the locket danced with pleasure in her eyes. She popped open the locket and saw a picture of her and Leah from when she was 5 years old.

"I think I've found my true love!" laughed Ava, "But honestly! It is so beautiful! Thank you! I love you Leah!"

Ava embraced her.

"I love you too Ava! And I want this locket to be with you so that whenever you miss me, you'll be reminded that I'm always with you." Leah responded.

"I love your sentiment Leah, but why would I miss you when I live with you?" Ava said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.
Leah hardened at the thought.

"Well.... Umm.... I- I think it time that you were given your gift from mum and dad. And umm there's an addition to their gift as well. You best read that additional letter first. And then umm, we'll talk about it."

Leah, uneasily, handed the letter she'd been reading to her little sister. Ava was confused to see such an awkward reaction for someone who's always so graceful.

Ava took the letter in her hands. The cover of it read in emerald green writing -

Ms. Ava Harlow
19 Greater Ln
Edington, Westbury
London

Ava had never received any sort of letter! Who could be writing to her? She turned the envelope around and saw a wax stamp which had a logo of the letter 'H' enclosed with a lion, serpent, badger and eagle.
Curiously she tore the stamp open and extracted the letter inside which read -

                HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF
           WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster : Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Ava,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

——————

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the second chapter! Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana