Chapter - 8 : The Uncomfortable Question

By the time Ava had tied her hair back, taken out a backpack, stuffed her water bottle (what? It was summer!) along with some muggle money she had, her Hogwarts letter and book list that came with it, the key her father had given her and tied her locket around her neck, she found Hagrid and Harry ready to leave the door any second.

Ava turned to Leah and said goodbye very quickly. The next moment, the magical lot was out the door.

"If it were just one, we could've taken me bike. Yeh know, we could take the Knight Bus all the way to the Leaky Cauldron but I think that might scar yeh for life. Nah it's best we take muggle transport." Hagrid said

So they walked to the bus stand and took a bus to the closest railway station. Ava had noticed that Harry hadn't said anything all this while. But she obviously could hear his thoughts. She wanted to talk to him, make him feel comfortable, but that had to wait.

As Hagrid paid up the ticket collector, who watched him warily from the corner of his eye, Ava turned to him and asked, "Hagrid, I still have a few questions I want to ask you.... May I?"

"O' course!" Hagrid replied, as though he was used to an 11 year old interrogating him about the wizarding world.

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you wizard too? I haven't seen you do magic at all." Ava shot forth her first question as sweetly and politely as she could.

"Ah. Knew yeh'd ask at some point. But strictly speaking I'm not allowed to use magic. Yeh know, I got expelled in me third year, ter tell ya the truth. But Professor Dumbledore is a kind man. He made me the gamekeeper. They snapped me wand in half though." Hagrid replied solemnly.

"Why were you expelled, though?" Harry asked Hagrid. Ava realised that this was the first time she'd heard him talk. But both of them continued to look at Hagrid.

"Enough talk now. Time ter board the train ter London." Hagrid looked very uneasy. But his thoughts weren't heard clearly by Ava, so couldn't find out what the reason behind his expulsion was.

————————

Hey! Today you guys found out that Ava couldn't hear Hagrid's thoughts very clearly... Let's see what's the reason behind this in our future chapters!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment, vote, share, follow - you know the drill!

Thanks for reading! It really means a lot to me!

Always,
Ana