Chapter - 11 : Deathday Requests

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Ava had visited Hagrid a few days later after the Mudblood incident. Hagrid was furious with Harry.

But he cheered her up by talking about his healthy growth of pumpkins for Halloween and Ginny Weasley coming down there occasionally, to which he felt that she kept hoping to meet 'someone' there.

But the weather turned very 'fall'.

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose and the flower beds turned into muddy streams.

The Qudditch practices continued. The team gained more and more faith in Ava's abilities as a Chaser. During these practices, Ava often caught Fred and George spying on them, though she felt this was all good fun.

She enjoyed the company of the two boys so she made sure that they stayed well hidden during these practices. But Harry on the other hand. She knew he felt it to be torturous the way Ava behaved with him.

But he deserved it. He deserved being ignored and insulted. He had insulted her friendship with them. She'd even considered him to be one of her best friends and he thought she wasn't loyal, he thought she was just as mean and cruel as the others just because she was a Slytherin.

But he came in asking for a favour to attend Nearly-Headless Nick's five hundredth death day party.

"Hermione tell him that I'm absolutely not coming. I have other things to finish that night. I wasn't even planning on going to the feast unless Potter, here, would think that I'd rather stay with my vile and cruel Slytherin friends!" Ava spat.

"Ava, let it go already!" said Hermione.
"No, Hermione! Why should she?" Ron fought back. "After all, Harry was the one who was mistaken!"

"Well he did try to apologise!" Hermione retorted.
"How would you like it if I called you a you-know-what Hermione? I'm your best friend, aren't I? Would you ever want to talk to me again?" Ava pressed.

"No, I guess not," Hermione sighed.
'Harry sure has gotten himself into a mess, hasn't he?' Hermione thought, to which Ava simply nodded.

Harry had remained quiet the whole time. What could he do to make it up to Ava? He missed being her friend! He regretted ever saying such awful things to her. At that moment he had felt more protective of Hermione, but he neglected Ava's feelings through it all.

Ava briskly walked away from the Gryffindor table and went to find Nearly-Headless Nick.

"Sir Nick?" Ava waved to him.
"Ava! Pleasure to talk to you, as always!" he smiled.

"Uh... Nick, I'm sorry but I won't be able to attend you deathday party. I hope you don't enjoy it too much but I'd love to hear all about it later!" Ava said.

"That's regretful, dear. But I'm sure that you have somewhere to be that night! Thank you for letting me know! Have a good night!" He spoke politely as he glided out of the room.

————
Hey everyone! Get ready for a double upload today!

Always,
Ana