Chapter - 13 : The Pale-Faced Boy

"Ok look Hagrid, it's not so bad!" Ava told Hagrid as she saw his face turn whiter (who knew how pale Hagrid's face could go?!?),
"Usually I can shove it to the back of my head so that I don't invade people's privacy, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, yer right. Let's keep movin'. Like the goblin said - we don' have all day. Yeh two go and get yer robes and I'll be right back - feelin' a bit sick 'cause of them ruddy Gringotts carts." said Hagrid.

"Sure Hagrid!"

As they moved towards Madam Malkin's, Harry found himself facing one of his most hated conversations - pity. Ava knew this, yet she knew that she must say something.

"I'm sorry Harry. I'm sorry the way the Dursley's treat you. And I know you don't want to talk about it but if it helps, our house is always open to you!"

"Thanks Ava. But next time you infiltrate my mind, could you give me a hint at least?" Harry said with a smile.

Ava laughed

"I honestly didn't know if it would've worked right now. My instincts just took over. I'm sorry!" she added apologetically.

"That's alright. But since you know everything about me, will you tell me everything about you now?"

"Oh sure! That works as a great way to make it up to you!"
Ava felt relieved to know that he wasn't angry as she thought he'd be.

They'd just entered the shop and Madam Malkin- a squat, smiling witch dressed in mauve- greeted them and took them to the back end of the shop to get fitted next to a boy with a pale, pointed yet perfectly proportionate face with luscious blonde hair.

The boy saw them come next to him. He was about to say something but stopped himself when he saw Ava -

Oh Merlin, that's one pretty girl. Should I ask her for her name? No Draco! U just saw her a second ago.
Is she in my year? I hope so! Younger? Older? Is she that boy's sister? They do look similar, I guess. Should I talk to them? Houses? Quidditch?
Ok Draco stop!
But she is really pretty, isn't she?
DRACO! Enough! Finish what u are here for! Don't act desperate.
Wait, did they notice me staring at them!? Ughh awkward! ACT COOL DRACO!

Ava softly giggled a little when she heard the thought. Though boy didn't realise why she'd giggled but quickly tried to maintain control of his expression and turned it to one of nonchalance. Again, he seemed like he was about to say something but thought better of it for he didn't trust his tongue while around the girl.

"So what do you want to know Harry?" Ava asked him.
"Start from the beginning," he replied. He hadn't given much thought to the boy being fitted next to them.

Instantly she launched into her story about her parents and grandparents and her sister and how she was shocked to get the letter from Hogwarts, to find a letter from her father and how he told her to go study magic.

Harry was a careful listener. Every now and then he asked her questions about what she'd just mentioned. She knew the boy was paying attention too, though he didn't seem to. He was taking longer than necessary for his fitting.

"So that's everything about me." Ava said.
"You didn't talk about your - what was it that Hagrid said? Oh yeah, legilimency," Harry reminded her.
The pale boy looked horror struck when he heard Harry. He looked awkwardly at Ava and thought -
So you heard everything from some time back? Just nod yes or no.

She nodded.

And with that the boy quickly hurried out the store after purchasing his robes.

Ava continued to tell Harry about her legilimency skill- how she'd never told anyone but was always scared at first to know if others could hear her thoughts too. One day, when she was three years old, she casually asked her grandpa if he could hear her thoughts. He claimed, fortunately, the opposite of what she'd thought - he couldn't hear her thoughts, no normal human could.

This has made her permanently shut up about her legilimency. Not that she had mentioned that to anyone but she didn't want to either until very recently when she'd told her sister about it.

Harry nodded as they paid Madam Malkin for the robes and headed out the shop.

—————————

Hey guys! Thanks for 150 reads! I know it's still a small number but we're growing! Thanks for everything!

Also, intro to Draco in this chapter! Hope you're enjoying the book! Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana