Chapter - 56 : Roller Coaster

Ava thought best that Harry and Hermione take Norbert. If she went, Draco would definitely try to expose them.

But just a few minutes before midnight, Draco crept out of the common room.

Ava went after him. The ghosts of the castle saw her but they didn't say anything. Peeves saw her too but just nodded at her and moved out of the way.

How could she warn her friends?

Neville moved down the stairs. He seemed to be sleepwalking. Ava slapped him awake as quietly as she could. And whispered to him, "Tell Harry and Hermione to be careful. Malfoy's coming! Go! Hurry!"

Up the astronomy tower, there was a small broom cupboard in which Ava decided to hide. Draco moved across the room but didn't catch her there.

She was nervous. What would happen if they caught Harry and Hermione? But before she could do anything Ava heard a shrill and loud voice - the voice of Professor McGonagall - shout, "DETENTION!"

No! No, no, no, no! What if she finds out about the dragon? Both of them would be suspended from the school! Oh no! What do I do? she thought to herself, desperately.

"And twenty points from Slytherin!"

Slytherin? Wait a minute....
SHE CAUGHT DRACO! NOT HARRY AND HERMIONE!

Ava had never known such relief. But Professor McGonagall continued, "Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you-"

"You don't understand, Professor, Potter's coming - he's got a dragon!"

Ava's heart sunk deeper than the vaults at Gringotts. They were surely going to be expelled now!

"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on - I shall see Professor Snape about you, Malfoy!"

A grin broke on Ava's sweat beaded face.
Talk about emotional roller coasters!

Harry and Hermione made their way. They handed Norbert to Charlie's cheerful friends. But Ava thought best to not let anyone know of her presence.

She decided to go back to the common room once it was all over.

Lucky she decided on that, Flich was waiting for the two Gryffindors who were now surely going to get detention in the very least.

-----
Thanks for reading!

Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana