Chapter - 38 : New Friendships

The rest tried to look as though this story wasn't new to them.

"Well - in that case...." said Professor McGonagall staring at all four of them, "Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on you own?"

Hermione hung her head. Harry was speechless. Hermione was the last person to do anything against the rules, and here she was pretending she had, to get them out of trouble. It was as if Snape had started handing out sweets.

"Miss Granger, five points will be taken from Gryffindor for this," said Professor McGonagall. "I'm very disappointed in you. If you're not hurt at all, you'd better get off to Gryffindor Tower. Students are finishing the feast."

Hermione left.

Professor McGonagall turned to Harry, Ron and Ava.

"Well, I still say you were lucky, but not many first years could have taken on a full-grown mountain troll. You each win five points for your houses. Professor Dumbledore will be informed of this. You may go."

They hurried out of the chamber and didn't speak at all until they had reached the Great Hall. It was a relief to be away from the sleep of the troll, quite apart from anything else.

"Good of her to get us out of trouble like that," Ron admitted. "Mind you, we did save her."

"She might not have needed saving if we hadn't upset her," Harry reminded him.

The lot parted ways but Ava was still watching through Harry's mind as he went into the Gryffindor common room and all of them instantly realised that Hermione Granger had become their friend.

With that thought, Ava entered her noisy and packed common room and decided to have some pumpkin pie for she hadn't eaten anything.

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve foot mountain troll is one of them, Ava thought to herself with a pleased sigh.

-----

Yes, a short chapter today. Nothing exciting happening yet in my life so.... yeah!

Also, discussion of the day :
Which is your favourite Harry Potter movie and book... Why?
(Lmao this sounds like a question from an exam XD)

Hope you liked reading this chapter and I hope that you're liking this book!

Always,
Ana