Chapter - 7 : The Perfect Slytherin

"So when I met yer dad, he was jus' a firs' year Slytherin, the school house, excited to be there." Hagrid boomed. "Don' ask me how, but he made good friends with me. He was a real good student, the lad was! The prince of every class! All the teachers loved 'im, alright?

"He passed all his exams - top o' the class. But after he left Hogwarts he couldn' maintain touch. He wrote every rarely but when he did, he apologised for not bein' able to write letters ter me. Me didn' mind. It was jus' nice to know that he was alive; dark times those were.

"So one day, he sends me this foot long letter - I wonder how the tiny owl was able ter hold its weight! He tells me about 'is second daughter bein' born a witch. He knew ya had talent. But he said that if he were to die, I was to come here on yer 11th birthday and take yer to Diagon Alley.

"Kinda scared me outer me wits with that letter. But I knew that I owed 'im that for the sake o' our friendship. So I agreed.

"Few months later, me heard the news of 'is death. Died with 'is muggle wife. Such a talented kid he was! That's why me is here now."

Hagrid was almost on the verge of crying. But so were Leah and Ava. Harry seemed to be pondering what Hagrid had just said. He was shy - Ava could definitely see that.

"So where is Diagon Alley?" Ava tried to distract Hagrid with this question.

"It's in near a place called Leadenhall market - as per what the muggles call it - in London. If yer ready we'll go right now." Hagrid said trying to sound cheerful, though he ended up sounding like a chocking rhino.

Leah nodded.

"Ok. I'll get ready. Give me a moment." Ava said, hurrying out of the room.

———————

So we found out more about Mark Harlow today! What do you guys think?

How's the book moving? Good? Bad? Ok? Comment, vote, share and follow! Thanks for all the love!

Always,
Ana