Chapter - 16 : Aboard the Hogwarts Express

As she opened her eyes to the sight of the other side of the barrier, Ava couldn't help but grin.

A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to the platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, 11 o'clock.

The pleasure she felt as she boarded the turn was incomparable to anything she'd ever felt!

The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the windows to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. Ava pushed her trolley off down the platform in search of an empty compartment. She moved through to the near end of the train as she passed students excitedly talking about their summers.

In one of the compartments, she found Harry who, as of now, was the only friend she had on the train. He seemed thrilled to see her too. He asked her to join her as a pair of red haired boys left his compartment.

"What did they want?" she asked
"They helped me pull up my trunk." Harry replied. "So how was your summer?"
"Oh it was fun! Spent a lot of time with Leah to make up for the time I won't be there."

"Lucky," Harry replied after some time during which he heard a brief conversation between the family of the red heads.
Ava was about to say something when the train started moving and soon it gained speed.

The door of the compartment slid open and the youngest of the red-headed boys, came in.

"Anyone sitting there?" he said as he pointed to the seat next to Harry for Ava had take the seat opposite to him. "Everywhere else is full." the boy continued with a sigh.

"Of course. Please come in." Harry agreed.

The twin red-heads came in again for a brief second and introduced themselves as Fred and George Weasley and the boy in their compartment as Ron. Upon asking, Ava introduced herself too.

"Bye." said Harry as the twins left. At this point, Ron's curiosity had gotten the best of him. He interrogated Harry about his scar and whether he remembered about the one who gave it to him.

When Harry asked Ron, he spoke about his family too - his five older brothers and a younger sister and his parents. Ron spoke to Ava too as she introduced herself, spoke about her family and how life had been before the letter.

Around half past noon, there was a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door and said, "Anything off the trolley, dears?"

Ava said that she wasn't hungry but Ron was clearly uncomfortable and said something about carrying sandwiches. But Harry, not wanting to miss anything, bought some of everything.

Ava, like she'd said, wasn't hungry so she refused to eat anything but Harry made Ron feel at ease and shared his sweets with him. They began taking about the sweet called chocolate frogs, and Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans.

The countryside was passing. The best fields were gone. Now there were woods, twisting rivers and dark green hills.

A boy came into there compartment looking for his missing toad and left disappointed for not having found him. Ron began talking about his 'pathetic' pet rat Scabbers.

But realising that it was time for them to change into robes, after asking Ron and Harry to do the same, Ava went to one of the changing rooms towards the end of the train. She started making her way back to her compartment after changing.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the legilimence of our year." She vaguely recognised this drawling voice. As she looked up, she saw the pale, blonde boy blocking her path with two other boys who seemed to be his cronies.

"The boy from the shop!" Ava exclaimed.
"I have name, you know," said the boy.
"And what might that be?"
"Draco. Draco Malfoy."

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Malfoy." Ava said curtly holding out her hand.
The boy took her hand and shook it gently.

"What would your name be?" the boy said looking half amused at being called with such respect.
"Ava Harlow."
"Nice to see you, too."
And he cleared her path. The boys behind him looked shocked to see that he hadn't threatened her or been rude to her. She hadn't noticed them much but they looked like blobs. Just simple, plain, muscled, boring blobs.

She made her way back to find a girl named Hermione Granger speaking rapidly about having memorised all the books just like Ava. But she let their conversation unfold. When she was about to leave, Ava interrupted Hermione very, very politely.

"Hey umm.. I'm not sure whether you've read The Complete History of the First Wizarding War but that also mentions Harry and I think you'd like the book. I have it. If you'd like you could borrow it from me."

Hermione looked a little offended at first but later she thought -
FINALLY! Someone who takes studies seriously!
"Ah! Yes I do!" said Ava answering the question Hermione has never asked.

"Are you- how did you -?" Hermione stammered.

————————
Hey guys! Sorry for the delay in uploading today, i have my exams coming up so I've been a little busy.

But don't worry! New chapters will come everyday!

Hope you enjoyed this introduction to Ron, Draco and Hermione! Comment, vote, share, and follow!

Lots of love!

Always,
Ana