Chapter - 9 : Return to Their World

They took the green line to the heart of London and went to the Leadenhall market.
They climbed up a broken-down escalator which led up to a bustling road lined with shops.

Hagrid was so huge that he parted the crowds easily and all Harry and Ava had to do was stick close to him.

They passed multiple book shops and music stores, hamburger bars, boutiques, florists, cinemas, but no where that looked like it could sell a magic wand. This was just an ordinary street full of ordinary people.

They walked on till they reached a tiny, grubby-looking pub. Had Hagrid not moved towards it, the two would have completely overlooked it.

"This is it," said Hagrid, coming to a halt, "the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place."

For a famous place, it was very dark and shabby.

As they entered it, they saw a few women sitting in a corner, drinking tiny glasses of sherry. One of them was smoking a long pipe. A little man in a top hat was talking to the old barman, who was quite bald and looked like a gummy walnut. The low buzz of chatter stopped when they walked in. Everyone seemed to know Hagrid, they waved and smiled at him, and the barman reached for a glass offering Hagrid his usual.

"Can't Tom. I'm on Hogwarts business," said Hagrid clapping his great hand on Harry's and Ava's shoulder, making their knees buckle.

"Good lord!" said the barman, Tom, peering at Harry, "is he- can this be-?"
The Leaky Cauldron had gone pin drop quiet and deadly still.

"Harry Potter! What an honour!" said the barman with ecstasy.
He rushed from behind the bar and seized his hands, tears in his eyes.

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter, welcome back."

————————

They made it to the Leaky Cauldron! We all know a little bit about what's going to happen next! But.... Ava's in the story, everything's got to have a twist ;)

Also, I know that the recent chapters have been a little short, but please bear with me because a few of the oncoming chapters are going to be long... So there is a specific reason why I had to keep these chapters short.

But nonetheless, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana