Chapter - 43 : Secret Plot

"Listen here - I've told yeh - drop it. It's nothin' to yeh what the dog's guardin'."  Hagrid said.

"We just wanted to know who Nicolas Flamel is, that's all," said Hermione.

"Unless you'd like to tell us and save us the trouble?" Harry added. "We must have been through thousands of books already and we can't find him anywhere - just give us a hint - I know I've read his name somewhere."

"I'm sayin' nothin'," said Hagrid flatly.

"Just have to find out for ourselves, then," said Ron.

They had indeed been searching books for Flamel's name ever since Hagrid let it slip. But it was really hard not knowing where to start. So they decided look through Hagrid's mind to get a good glimpse.

This little conversation was all just a plot to get Hagrid to think about the thing under the trapdoor. Though Ava knew that this wasn't going to work, she decided to try it so that she didn't make her friends suspicious about how she was getting so much information about her ability.

She focused hard to locate Hagrid's train of thoughts and even when she found it she picked up only his emotion, not his thoughts. He was certainly shocked, scared, worried and angry - all at the same time.

Her fallen face seemed to have conveyed the message to the others, so they bid Hagrid a goodbye and hurried off to the library.

"I picked up only his emotions, not his thoughts the way I pick for you guys. I think I'll look for the reason in one of the books in the library," said Ava when asked.

Dismissing that, Hermione took out a list of subjects and titles she had decided to search while Ron strode off down a row of books and started pulling them off the shelves at random.

Harry wandered over to the entrance to the Restricted Section, while Ava went off to the Section where she had once found a book about legilimency though Dumbledore's answers had pleased her more.

About ten minutes later, Harry was kicked out of the library with the others following him five minutes later, shaking their heads. Then they went off to lunch.

"You will keep looking while the two of us are away, won't you?" said Hermione.
"Write to us if you find anything, okay?" instructed Ava as she moved across from the Gryffindor table to her own.

—————
I wasn't really planning on posting another chapter today, but I thought, why not? It was a really short one so.... eh.

Thanks for reading!

Comment, vote, share and follow!

Always,
Ana