Chapter - 5 : After the Feast

"We'll talk to Professor Dumbledore after the feast, okay?" Ava thought back, to which Hermione nodded.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" Professor Dumbledore started. "Let's dig into our feast and we'll talk about everything else later!" He clapped his hands and the scrumptious start-of-term feast appeared before them.

The eight, now second-year, Slytherins chatted their heart out and spoke of their summer as they gulped down the mouth-watering meal.

Mid-meal, Professors McGonagall, Snape and Dumbledore excused themselves silently. Ava noticed them go but didn't think too much of it. She continued eating as the teachers returned later.

She looked at McGonagall to ask her what happened, but she gave her one look which could only mean - don't worry, they're ok.

At the end of the feast, Dumbledore continued his speech as he told the first years that the Forest was forbidden etc etc.

They all left to go to bed. Ava waved goodbye to Hermione and Ginny (who'd been sorted into Gryffindor) and went to the Slytherin dungeons.

She near the fire for sometime, writing a letter to Leah when she heard a boy say, "Did you know, Potter and Weasley flew in a flying car all the way to Hogwarts!"

Draco sneered at that. "Of course. Potter wanted - no, needed- to make a dramatic entrance. I suppose the teachers didn't let them come up to the feast otherwise they'd show off, wouldn't they? I hope they're expelled."

Ava hurriedly communicated this to Hermione who said that she was going to McGonagall right that instant. But she didn't have to, for Ron and Harry were already at the portrait hole. Hermione was very angry and so was Percy. But the rest of the house applauded them as they went to bed.

Ava also decided to go to bed, grateful that they weren't expelled.

———————
Apparently I didn't realise how short this chapter was going to be when I planned it in my head. Lmao.

But thanks for reading! I'm incredibly grateful for each and every single one of those reads and comments! I'm so sorry if I'm not able to reply to all of them instantly but I try my best. Thank for you for loving this book as much as I do! There's a wild ride in the cards for you!

Thanks for reading! Lots of love <3

Always,
Ana