Chapter - 28 : Trouble - But For Whom?

No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?"
The other Slytherins were joining in.
"Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil.
"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy, "Never thought you'd like fat little cry babies, Parvati."

"Yeah, shut up Pansy," Ava snapped.
The Slytherins' laughter had died out, it was replaced by fear of Ava.

"Look!" said Draco, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's the stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him.

A Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly.
Draco smiled nastily.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to collect - how about - up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Draco had leapt on to his broomstick and taken off. He hadn't been lying, he could fly well - hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak tree as he called out, "Come and get it, Potter!"

Harry glared at his broom. Hermione protested openly.

But Harry ignored her. Blood pounding in his ears. He kicked hard agains the metal ground, up and up he soared.

"Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off your broom!"

"Oh yeah?" said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looking worried.
Oh shoot! What do I do now? Draco thought to himself.

Harry knew, somehow, what to do. He leaned forward and grasped the broom tightly in both hands and it shot towards Draco like a javelin. He managed to escape just in the nick of time. Harry made a sharp turn and held the broom steady.

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry called. The same thought seemed to have occurred to Draco.

"Catch it if you can, then!" he shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back towards the ground.

Harry moved so quickly to grab the ball that had one not been concentrating, they'd have thought he had dissaparated (magical teleportation). A foot off the ground, he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight. Then he landed gently onto the ground with the Remembrall clutched safely in his fist.

"HARRY POTTER!"

------
Hope you enjoyed this chapter guys!

Always,
Ana