Chapter - 68 : Exasperated Explanations

"24 hours!?!" Ava almost shrieked, but seeing as Harry was still asleep on another bed, she hushed herself up. "I've been out for a whole day?!"

"Yes. Eat these sweets - your Slytherin friends sent it to you. Now be quiet and fill us up on everything that happened!" Ron said, exasperatedly.

Ava ate a chocolate frog and divulged into the story about what happened had in the last chamber.

They were very good listeners. They gasped at all the right places.

But Ava didn't know what was going to happen next.

"OUT! ITS BEEN HALF AN HOUR! YOU PROMISED TO BE GONE IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!" Madam Pomfrey almost shrieked.

"Ah. Poppy, may I?" Professor Dumbledore came in.

"Ugh! None of you are ever going to let my patients sleep peacefully, are you?" she snapped.

"It would appear not," he said with a smirk on his lips.

"Professor Dumbledore! It's good to see you!" Ava said.

"It's good to see you too, Ava! Unfortunately, though, I'm going to have to ask you to repeat everything you just told Mr Weasley and Miss Granger."

"It's alright, Professor," said Ava as she stuffed another chocolate frog in her mouth, took a deep breath and dived into the story once more.

At the end of it, Dumbledore looked sorry.

"Forgive me, Ava. This is all my fault. I never should have brought the Stone to our school and I should have seen through Quirrell," he said with a sigh.

"It's not your fault, Professor," Ava said gently. "You couldn't have done anything differently. You had to help your friend."

"How did you know?" his eyes sparkled once more.

"I'm good at guessing, sir," she laughed.
He joined in.

At that moment, Professor Snape came bursting in the hospital wing, his head looking around till his eyes locked onto Ava.

"You're awake," he said with a hint of relief.

"Yes, sir," she said.

"Very well," he said and left promptly.

Curious. Ava thought to herself.

"Professor Dumbledore? Can I ask you something?"
"That's already one question, but you may."

"When we were in the chamber, Harry was able to hear my thoughts and we conversed in our heads. How's that possible? He's not a legilimence, so how can he hear me?"

"Ah do you remember me telling you that being a natural Menacie makes one very powerful? Well this is one of the things that I was going to teach you how to do. Not that I need to now. But with this you can communicate with your loved ones from a great distance. At this time Harry could hear you because you wanted him to hear you. That's one of the powers of a Menacie, Ava." he said.

"I - I didn't even think that that was possible! And Professor, how did Voldemort know that Harry had the Stone?"

"You see, Voldemort is also a Legilimence, not a natural one, of course. But I'm guessing that he read Harry's mind and figured that Harry had the Stone." Professor Dumbledore replied.

"But then how did he not know that I was there and where I was hiding?" she further questioned.

"I believe that he didn't have enough power or strength to divulge into anything more than the Stone, that's why he didn't find out about you."

Ava was lost in thought. She wondered how powerful Voldemort would be in his bodily form and shuddered at the thought.

"Ah, well, time for me to leave, otherwise Poppy will have my head for it," he said playfully.

"Goodbye Professor!" Ava said.

"Goodbye Ava! Rest," he muttered as he left the hospital wing.

-----

Hey you guys! I'm so sorry that I'm updating today's chapters later than expected but.... My exam results came in today!!! I'm soooooooo happy! I got 99%!!!!

I swear the teachers just gave everyone grace marks because I was sure that my Hindi essay SUCKED! But whatever.

Me and my family were squealing and jumping up and down for like, 10 minutes straight.

Lmao.

Anywho, thanks for reading! We're almost at the end of this book!!!! Just two more days y'all!

Always,
Ana