Chapter - 4 : Leah's Letter

No... This was going too fast. Ava couldn't make out the head or tail of it. How could she be a witch? She was just a plain, boring girl from London.

"I got a letter from father too, you know." Leah said softly, just to get her sister speaking
"Wanna read?"
Leah gave her letter to Ava who read it quietly-

To my beautiful daughter Leah,

I hope that you are reading this letter a day or two before Ava turns 11 because I have something that I must confess to you - I was a wizard, my child.

Yes it's true. And if I'm not wrong so will Ava. I wished you could be too, but your mother being a muggle (a non-magic folk), things can go either way. But I noticed magical signs when Ava was born so I know that she'll turn out to be a witch.

When she turns 11, a letter will come for her, addressed from a place called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You must let her go.
I've saved her more than enough money for her fees and school supplies so you don't have to worry about the expenses. She must go and learn otherwise the outcome for her would not be desirable nor would it be healthy. She must learn how to control and use her magic. That's what Hogwarts is - a school for magical children like me and her so that we can hone our skills.

It's going to be tough for all of you, I know that. But she must go and learn.

A man named Hagrid will come in a few days time and he'll clear all of your questions. He'll accompany her to a place called Diagon Alley where she would buy all her supplies. You could go if you'd like but I'd rather you not for the first time, it can be very hard for you to access. I'm sorry my love.

A train called Hogwarts Express leaves at exactly 11:00 am on September 1st from platform 9 3/4 on Kings Cross Station in London. To go to platform 9 3/4, she must walk through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. Again I'm sorry, you won't be able to cross it as it keeps muggles away.

I wish I could be there to see her off and not have to put you through such torture. But this is the best I can do. This is my last wish, love - Ava must learn magic.

I'm proud of you Leah! I may not be there to see who you are today but I know that you are a person who's capable and who will achieve everything she wants in life.

I love you, my child. Take care. It's all for the better.

With love
Daddy

———————

Comment, share, vote and follow! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Lots of love!

Always,
Ana