Chapter - 25 : One Fine Thursday Evening

The week had passed very quickly. She had enjoyed all her lessons thoroughly despite the homework, which she loved doing with Hermione in the library and for which Pansy kept giving her a hard time.

On Thursday when Ava returned to the common room, she saw Draco and Pansy having a full blown argument. She didn't bother paying attention to their thoughts or even words. She simply went back to her dormitory to put down her bag and head out for dinner when she saw all of her stuff lying in pieces. She couldn't believe what calamity had occurred here!

She quickly muttered, "Reparo!" and all of her things went back to normal. She was glad that all Pansy (yes PANSY!) had done was tearing her books and robes and the drapes of her bed.
But she'd spray painted the word 'TRAITOR' above her bed's headboard. Ava knew that she'd find a spell to get rid of it in the library tomorrow.

She clambered out of the dormitory and headed upstairs to the common room. The rest of the house waited in anticipation of confrontation that Pansy was about to face.

Mylene said in her mind (she knew Ava was a legilimence), "I'm sorry! I couldn't do anything about it. I told Draco, though. He was the only one who'd stand up to her."

"Thanks, My," Ava muttered as she gave Pansy a cold glare and headed out of the common room and into the Great Hall to have dinner. The rest of the house was a little disappointed for the lack of drama that had happened, but thought that maybe she might yell at Pansy after dinner.

Draco slid in next to her. Crabbe and Goyle in front of her.
"Thank you, Draco," she whispered.
He was taken aback.

"Thought you'd be angry, I would be," he said as a matter of fact.

She smiled a little.

"Parkinson is really mean to everyone. You know that right?" Crabbe asked her.
"She's not mean, she's just angry all the time. Things never go her way. That's all she's angry about," Ava said defending Pansy for she had read Pansy's mind enough to know this much.

"Well you are a saint, aren't you? Defending the person who hurt you," Goyle said sarcastically.

All four of them laughed. Ava had never thought of Crabbe and Goyle to be anything more than just Draco's blobish bodyguards; but right now, she saw them in a completely different light - they were kind below their tough image.

At that moment, a scrawny barn owl swooped low and dropped a letter onto her lap. It read -

Dear Ava,
I know that you have Friday afternoons off, come down for a cup of tea if you'd like. I've invited Harry too. I want to hear all about your first week.
Send a message back with this owl.
See you Friday,
Hagrid

"Do you have a quill?" Ava asked the three boys.
"Uh sure," Draco handed his quill to her.

She quickly scribbled -
Yes, of course! I'd love that! Will be there at three!

She tied the letter back with the owl. She'd made sure that the boys didn't see what she'd written.

"So who was it?" Goyle asked. Crabbe and Goyle seemed to have become more comfortable around her now.

"Oh, it was just my sister," she lied through her teeth. She didn't want them to know. Why? She didn't know that.

Slowly, the four finished their dinner and headed back to the common room. The rest of the house was waiting in anticipation once more. Ava knew this time that she would have to confront Pansy. She didn't want this to be a trend.

As she entered the common room, Pansy was waiting for her.
"Good job, Pansy," Ava said sarcastically yet being intimidating.

"Oooooooooh!" squealed the rest of the house.
Ah! First year drama - the funniest of all! Someone thought

"Ugh!" was Pansy's only response.
"What did I do?" Ava asked sweetly.
"Befriending Gryffindors! That's what you did!" she yelled at her.

"We've been over this Pansy! SO WHAT?!" Ava was loosing her cool too quickly.

"SO WHAT?!? SO WHAT?!? THEY ARE OUR ENEMIES!!"
"Your enemies? Yes they are. Mine? Not really. In fact they are my best friends. You got a problem with that?"

"OF COURSE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!"
"Well, hon, I don't care. I would slap you, but that would be animal abuse," she sent out a flying kiss towards her and moved down to her dorm, Mylene, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and the rest of the house was both shocked yet impressed at her words.

Pansy stood there, utterly embarrassed. Ava found Milicent in the dormitory trying out a spell to get rid of the spray paint.

"Thank you, Mil!" Ava exclaimed as she gave Milicent a quick hug.
"Don't let Pansy know, EVER!"
Ava chuckled as she went to bed, grateful to Milicent for removing the spray paint successfully.

-----
Woooooop! Who was expecting that? I really and honestly lovedddddd writing this chapter! It was so much fun! But what do you think?

What would you have done if you were in Ava's place? Comment down below and lemme know!

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote, share and follow! Lots of love!

Always,
Ana