Chapter - 33 : New Week, New Drama

"Hey," Ava called out to her a little coldly.
"Hi," she replied.

Apparently, Mylene and Milicent had been asked to stay in the common room and not come in until told.

"So, what do you want?" Ava asked as politely as she could, though her voice betrayed a little annoyance.

"Look I'm sorry," said Pansy, "I have no right in deciding who your friends should or shouldn't be. I messed up! Will you forgive me?"

She truly was sorry. She didn't want to be the enemy of the one girl the whole school wants to be friends with. And she truly felt that she shouldn't have butted in.

"It's ok. I get it. I'm sorry too. I was really rude to you." Ava said.

"I deserved it," Pansy said with a laugh. "So friends?" She held out her hand.

"Friends," Ava pulled her into a hug instead, as Pansy melted in.

That night was one of the best nights she'd spent with her dorm-mates.
They spent the whole night spilling gossip on other students, eating candy (Milicent even got a mud-flavoured bean! It was not pretty), and engaging in pillow fights.

They laughed till they couldn't breathe and told them funny instances of home and talking about Ava's legilimency. At about half past two, they finally decided to go to bed.

The next morning was a lazy Saturday at Hogwarts. As the girls finished up their breakfast, Ava went off to meet Hermione, Ron and Harry.

Ava was not in the least bit shocked to know that Hermione refused to talk to the boys. They saw this as an added bonus. But nonetheless, Ava and Hermione spent almost the rest of the day in the library, finishing up their homework for the week.

Throughout the coming week, Ava tried her best to penetrate the minds of her Professors, though without luck of course. Professor Snape had been very nice to her in their potions lessons, though he looked at all the Gryffindors as though they were a bunch of brainless nitwits.

At last, it was Friday again. She had received the same letter from Professor Dumbledore last night as she had, a week ago. But this time Professor McGonagall would not be accompanying her.

As Ava headed down to the Great Hall, she saw Harry and Ron getting up and calling her forward.
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HARRY GOT A NIMBUS 2000! Ron thought.

Ava was too shocked to speak. She was so excited! A Nimbus 2000?! That's the fastest and latest model according to what she'd heard!

They moved towards the Entrance Hall in hope to open it in an empty classroom. But, unfortunately, their path was barred by Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy seized the package from Harry and felt it.

"That's a broomstick," he said to Harry, completely ignoring Ava the way she had been ignoring him for the past week or two.

"You'll be for it this time, Potter, first-years aren't allowed them."
He wore a face of a mix of jealously and spite.

Ron began to flaunt the broom and one word led to another till Professor Flitwick interrupted, "Not arguing, I hope, children?"

"Potter's been sent a broomstick, Professor," Malfoy said quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right. Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Potter. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, sir," said Harry, fighting not to laugh at the horror on Malfoy's face. "And it really is thanks to Malfoy here that I've got it," he added.

They moved. Harry and Ron instinctively moved to go to the Gryffindor dormitory. Ava said quickly so that they won't feel guilty, "Hey, I better get to class. But I'll be watching you open it!"

They nodded as she went to the Great Hall once more to gobble down some breakfast.

"Well, I guess Parkinson was right. Never should've been friends with Gryffindors - they don't even open gifts in front of you," Malfoy called out as he sat down in front of her.

"Well, for your information I excused myself and you aren't worthy of any sort of explanation by me."

She picked up her books and tried to leave.
"You aren't getting rid of me that easily," he sneered.

"I think I can," she shot back as she dashed at full speed towards her charms class.

The seats beside her were already filled with Mylene, Pansy and Milicent. Draco didn't bother to talk for the rest of the day.

Ava quickly had her dinner and moved to the seventh floor and entered Professor Dumbledore's office.

———————
Wassup!

I honestly have to say - SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE DAMN TITLES! I swear, they're getting worse and worse with each chapter!

But anyways, I finished my science exam - I was sooooo stressed! My had gone on a complete 'I'm not gonna work, whatever you attempt to do' mode. But it was fine during the exam.
My next exam is my personal favourite subject- Social Science! For those of you who don't know, Social Science is basically what we call History, Geography and Social and Political Life collectively. So I'm excited!

I hope you're enjoying the book so far! There are so many new revelations that are going to come in the course of the next 6 years at Hogwarts that you would be blown away (hopefully!).

Do stick around! And maybe engage with my page? Helps me out loads!

Thanks for reading today's chapters!

Au revoir!

Always,
Ana