Chapter - 55 : A Hitch

The following week dragged by. Wednesday night found Ava sitting in her common room but her mind listening to the Gryffindors.

Ron had come in, pulling off Harry's Invisibility Cloak, and showing them where Norbert had bit him.

Then a sudden rapping at the window occupied Harry's mind.

"It's Hedwig!" he said, hurting to let her in. "She'll have Charlie's answer!"

They were, at this point, completely aware that Ava was listening too. So they asked her to, immediately, come to the empty classroom on the fifth floor to read the answer together.

Dear Ron,

How are you? Thanks for the letter - I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here. I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week. Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon.

Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark.

Send me an answer as soon as possible.
Love,
Charlie

They looked at each other.

"I have to admit, Ron, your brother is taking this very calmly. Most older brothers would freak out, in my opinion," said Ava.

Ron smiled at her - proud.

"We've got the Invisibility Cloak," said Harry, coming back to the matter at hand. "It shouldn't be too difficult- I think the Cloak's big enough to cover two of us and Norbert."

There was a hitch. By the next morning, Ron's bitten hand had swollen to twice its usual size. He didn't know whether it was safe to go to Madam Pomfrey - would she recognise a dragon bite?

But by that afternoon, he had no choice. The cut had turned a nasty shade of green. It looked as though Norbert's fangs were poisonous.

The other three rushed up to the hospital wing at the end of the day to find Ron in a terrible state in bed.

Ron felt as though his hand would fall off. But he informed them that Malfoy had come there. He convinced Madam Pomfrey to let him come by the excuse of borrowing a book.

He threatened to tell her what had really bit him. But another problem arose - Charlie's letter was in the book Malfoy took.

~

Ava read his mind. Sure enough, he'd read the letter. There was nothing they could do.

She kept dropping him little hints to show him that they'd changed their minds. Charlie wouldn't be coming for another two weeks.

"It's too late to change the plan now," Harry said one morning to them. "We haven't got time to send Charlie another owl and this could be our only chance to get rid of Norbert. We'll have to risk it. And we have got the Invisibility Cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that."

"Yes but we need to be careful. I'm trying to get him to change his mind but it's set in stone," Ava said despairingly.

The others nodded.

-----
Hey! So once again, I'm in my car! Woohoo! Lol.

But now I'm going to my grandma's now. So yeah!

Thanks for reading!
Comment, vote, share and follow!

Lots of love!

Always,
Ana