Chapter - 36 : A Hogy-warty Halloween

"What?" Ron was confused.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT HERMIONE!?!" she was getting angrier.

"Oh now I feel even more terrible!" Ron was guilty, and he felt that in the core of his heart.

"Well, you can talk to her after dinner, ok?" Ava suggested, as she calmed down seeing Ron apologetic.

"Yeah, that'll be great." Harry replied this time.

Ava had entered the hall in such anger that she hadn't noticed the beautiful decor.
Thousands of live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins shutter. The feast appeared, suddenly, on the golden plates as Ava made her was to the Slytherin table.

Ava was helping herself to the sumptuous meal when Professor Quirrell came sprinting into the Hall, his turban askew and terror on his face. Everyone stared as he reached for Professor Dumbledore's chair, slumped against the table as he gasped, "Troll- in the dungeons - thought you ought to know."

He sank to the floor in a dead faint.

There was an uproar. It took several purple firecrackers exploding from the end of Professor Dumbledore's wand to bring silence.

"Prefects," he rumbled, "lead your house back to the dormitories immediately!"

The Slytherin Prefect, who's name Ava found out was Allison Argent, seemed just as scared as the first-years but guided them just the same.

Ava deviated from her path to go towards Harry and Ron.
"How could a troll get in?" Harry asked them.
"Don't ask me, they're supposed to be really stupid," said Ron. "Maybe Peeves let it in for a Halloween joke."

Ava suddenly grabbed their arms.

"Hermione! She doesn't know about the troll! She could be attacked!" Ava said.
Ron bit his lip.

"Oh, alright," he snapped, "But Percy better not see us."

Ducking down, they joined the Hufflepuffs going in the other way, slipped down a deserted corridor and hurried off towards the girls' toilets. They had just turned the corner when they heard quick footsteps behind them.

"Stop thinking!" she hissed at the boys, pulling them behind a large stone Griffin.

They were utterly perplexed by this request but tried to clear their minds as much as possible, at least till the footsteps died, for they had been of Professor Snape as he crossed the corridor and disappeared from view.

"What was that all about?" Ron asked Ava.
"I can't really explain it," Ava lied, for the boys didn't know of her 'special' classes. "But my gut told me that it was the right thing to do."

"What's he doing?" Harry whispered. "Why isn't he down in the dungeons with the rest of the teachers?"

"Search me," Ron said sarcastically.

Quietly as possible, they crept along the next corridor after Professor Snape's fading footsteps.

"He's heading for the third floor," Harry said, but Ron held up his hand.
"Can you smell something?"

At that moment, a foul stench hit Ava's nostrils, a mixture of old socks and the kind of public toilet on one seems to clean.

And they heard it - a low grunting and shuffling footfalls of gigantic feet. Ron pointed out - at the end of the passage to the left, something huge was moving towards them. They shrank into the shadows and watched as it emerged onto a patch of moonlight.

——————
Ok so..... UPDATE TIME!

Like I'd mentioned yesterday, I had my Social Science exam today and OH MY GOD, it was AMAZING!

There was an error in one of the questions so a few students texted our teacher and she be like, "READ IT CAREFULLY! ITS CORRECT!" when it clearly wasn't.

THEN, our other teacher (we have 2 teachers for SS) calls me up and be like, "So the options a and d are same, choose any one, preferably a. Pass this on to the unofficial group of your class."

And I be like - ok.......

But yeah! I had a class right now but I decided not to join. I finished 2 chapters for my Math exam on Monday.

Why do I keep telling you guys about my school stuff?!? Honestly, I have nothing else going on with my life right now! BAHAHAHA

But we're planning to go to my grandparents place (they live in another state) next week for Diwali. So I'm super excited about that! I would be seeing them in person after like.... 1 WHOLE YEAR! Damn!

Anyways!
Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Always,
Ana

P.s. - I've been trying to get into 1D songs and stuff.... So, if you have any recommendations - DROP THEM IN THE COMMENTS!