Chapter - 23 : Amendments and Fractures

The next morning the Slytherin girls woke up around 6:30 am. They chatted around as they slowly got dressed and headed upstairs for breakfast.

When they reached the Great Hall, Ava immediately excused herself and went to talk to Hermione.

"Hey Hermione."

"Ava! Hey, I just want to say that I'm really, really sorry about yesterday! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I was just- I was just shocked that you got sorted into Slytherin. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have behaved that way!" she rambled.

"Hey! It's ok! It's alright! I get it! Calm down, ok?"

"So you forgive me?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh! Thank god! I thought you'd be really angry with me! I acted like a real jerk! Hermione apologised.

"It's ok! All is well!" Ava smiled at her.
"So which is your first class?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, potions,"
"Really! Mine too!"

"Oh, wait a minute, I want to talk to Harry and Ron too. We'll go to potions together after breakfast, okay?" Ava said.

"Sure!"

Ava walked towards Harry and Ron and slid onto the seat opposite to them.
"Hey," she said.

"Hey Ava," they said in unison.

"Look, I know if you don't want to be friends with me because I'm a Slytherin, I get it's ok. But just don't give a cold shoulder, okay? That just simply hurts." she started clarifying.

"No, no, no! We do want to be friends, Ava! Please don't take it like this! We enjoy being friends with you! We don't care whether you're a Slytherin as long as you are okay being our friend," Harry said, "We talked it out last night and we're sorry, we didn't behave properly. Will you forgive us?" Harry continued, as Ron stuffed his face but his eyes were apologetic towards Ava.

"Of course! You guys are my friends! And I don't think being in different houses should be a problem because we became friends before we were sorted, that accounts for something right?"

"Yeah!" Ron said.

"Well I better get going. I don't want to skip breakfast on my first day. See you in potions!"
And she got up and made her way back to the Slytherin table where all the first years were staring at her.

"What was that?" said Pansy.
"What was what?" Ava shot back innocently.

"Why were you at the Gryffindor table?"
"I went to talk to my friends. Is that such a crime?"

"Well, yes! Gryffindors and Slytherins are not supposed to be friends, Ava! Why don't you understand that?!" Pansy continued.

"Look Pansy, that's just wrong, alright? There's no rule that says we can't be friends with Gryffindors."

"You just can't, ok?" and she stormed out, Milicent at her tail.

Ava sighed.
"I don't see a problem with that either," Mylene said.
"Thanks, Mylene."

Ava quickly ate a few slices of toast with some marmalade and met Hermione at the Gryffindor table and the two of them made their way to their first class - Potions.

——————
Hi! Just one chapter today! Hope you're doing well! Thanks for reading!

Always,
Ana